FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a LUT from an ICC Profile for the HDLink

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Silvestri
Creating a LUT from an ICC Profile for the HDLink
on Apr 23, 2011 at 5:00:25 am

Hey. I am about to get a DeckLink + HDLink to use my computer monitor with Resolve.

Between all the things I've been reading, I know that the HDLink accepts 3D LUT files.

My current monitoring and calibration setup involves an EyeOne Display 2 colorimeter and the Argyll/DispCalGUI software, and it gave me great results, so I want to continue having a calibrated output after moving to Resolve.

Is there any known way of converting the curve generated by the ICC profiler to a 3D LUT compatible with the HDLink software? Or would I need to do it manually?
Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

--
Following the rules often gives perfect results without actually learning.

Return to posts index

Lauri Laidna
Re: Creating a LUT from an ICC Profile for the HDLink
on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:24:27 am

Did you find a way? Can it be done? How or where are you guys making your monitor calibration (3D) LUTs?

Return to posts index

Todd Yonteck
on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:56:18 am

I need to do the same.
Any solutions?

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Silvestri
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:24:04 pm

Yes, the latest versions of DispCalGUI have an option to export 3D LUTs. I have used it for calibrating my monitors (I load the LUT on the DeckLink cards).

I don't remember exactly how I got it to work, the "lut export" has many options and I remember being hours testing different methods until I got the right LUT (checking both visually and looking at the curves).

One thing I remember is this:
When loading the LUT in the HDLink Utility or the DeckLink config, check the "3D Red output" tab (and green and blue). Each one should have a curve only on its own channel, and the others must be unmodified. If when you load a LUT you see that the other channels are not flat, make sure you understand what it is doing and if it is right.

This is the "clean" way:

This is not right (in my case, it destroyed the colors in the blacks):

The way to avoid this is to fiddle with the export settings in DispCalGUI :) but as I said before, I don't remember the exact way.

Rodrigo.

--
twitter.com/rsilves
http://www.rsilves.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]