FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck Shuttle SSD Cover

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Castellano
HyperDeck Shuttle SSD Cover
on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:47:46 pm

Hello,
I was surprised to see the HyperDeck Shuttle and especially its price point!
There are a couple of things I don't like (especially the support for .MOV files only :-( ), but my questions are;

In the price list I find "HyperDeck SSD Covers 90" cod.HYPERD/XC90

What is? Do the HyperDeck (Shuttle and Studio) require a cartridge in order to use the SSDs?
The internal battery; how many hours (or minutes) in standby and recording/play modes?

Best Regards,

Paolo Castellano
ivsEdits.com

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: HyperDeck Shuttle SSD Cover
on Apr 21, 2011 at 9:43:43 am

Hi,

[Paolo Castellano] "What is? Do the HyperDeck (Shuttle and Studio) require a cartridge in order to use the SSDs?
"

No, you do not need any kind of cases or adapters to use SSDs in the HyperDeck recorders. These are just covers to store your SSDs :) We figured you'll need them as SSDs will become the tapes for the 21st century!

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:05:21 pm

While we have your attention on the Hyperdeck Shuttle/Studio...

1. Will the HyperDeck Studio be able to make clean, frame accurate edits using the RS422? Is it using Sony protocol?

2. What does the RS422 use for TC reference - the RP188 embedded TC?

3. I see no TC i/o. Are there plans to add a set?

These are questions I couldn't get answered at NAB. No one seemed to know.

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Apr 29, 2011 at 2:08:14 pm

I guess a lot of questions on the HDS will be answered when it ships, but I have three...

1. Is the uncompressed flavor that HDS records to, the same as the Uncompressed that QuickTime, FCP, and maybe Color also export to? I ask because I've had great success using Uncompressed QT from FCP to Smoke, it goes with timecode too so conform works fine.
2. Is there planned support for 4:4:4 recording via HD-SDI 3G?
3. Will BMD be selling the SSDs as well, or are there a list of qualified SSDs for use in the HDS?
4. Will the HDS also support compressed recording, like ProRes4444, HQ etc?

I can easily see this as a companion to the Alexa, F3, AF101, and many other cameras with HD-SDI Out.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Colin Hubick
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:41:42 pm

Hi Kristian, just some quick questions about the HyperDeck Shuttle;

- When feeding it a HDSDI signal, is it possible for it to get a cue through the HDSDI to start and stop recording? On the Sony F3 for example, my thinking is that you could be recording both to the SxS cards and to the Shuttle at the same time, by only hitting the record button on the camera.

- Does this device support TOD timecode? and is it possible to customize the naming convention of the clips to match the clip names on the SxS cards?

- Is there any plan in the future to support any additional codecs such as ProRes?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Colin

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:08:43 pm

Well, it's only been 16-months Blackmagic, but don't you guys think that's enough time to respond to few choice questions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]