FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Drivers BSOD Frequently - Windows 7 Pro 64bit

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Jones
Intensity Drivers BSOD Frequently - Windows 7 Pro 64bit
on Apr 16, 2011 at 5:49:03 pm

I had been getting blue screens every few days after installing my Intensity Pro into a new PC and after some research I tracked it down to the Intensity drivers. I tried 4 different revisions including the latest (3.9.4) but the crashes still occurred. I've since uninstalled the drivers and had no problems but not being able to use the card isn't the ideal solution...

From the amount of posts around the web this is a fairly common problem with Windows 7 64bit but I've never seen a solution given.

Does anyone have the Intensity Pro working with Windows 7 Pro 64 and what drivers are you using? I've sent an email off to Blackmagic Design but the last time I had to contact them around a year ago it took 2 months before I received a pretty unhelpful reply.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Drivers BSOD Frequently - Windows 7 Pro 64bit
on Apr 17, 2011 at 12:53:48 am

I would uninstall all BlackMagic accociated programs, Remove the card from the computer, Delete all Blackmagic folders from your program files directory, try it in a different slot on your motherboard. I have the Shuttle, with the same software and have never had a bluescreen issue with it. I'm on Win ulltimate 64 bit. I also monitor this forum and don't recall Win 7 64 bit ussues with that card. If it has the same problem in a different slot, I'd send it back for a replacement.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Jones
on Apr 17, 2011 at 2:15:33 am

Doesn't the shuttle use different drivers? I've been running this card fine with Vista 32bit for almost a year after sending my first one back due to audio issues. Every result I looked at about Intensity drivers blue screening with process_has_locked_pages and driver_power_state_failure were all from Windows 7 64 users, although it could be coincidental of course.

Unfortunately my card is a few months out of warranty so I'd be more inclined to look for alternatives rather than take a chance on a third one.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:32:57 am

I have one Intensity card in my PC...worked fine...but DID have some issues when I first installed it, changing the PCIe slot did the trick...I would try that..Windows 7 64 but Ultimate is running it fine!

Scott

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Apr 17, 2011 at 5:32:35 am

Have three systems running intensity and windows 7 on ASUS and they work with PPro 3, 4, 5 on same machine no problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]