FORUMS: list search recent posts

Component output issue with Decklink HD extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george mandl
Component output issue with Decklink HD extreme
on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:58:15 am

Hello There,
I've just installed (as a test to see if this works) a Decklink HD Extreme card into my MacPro (2x2.8 GHz Quad Core, 6GB RAM) running Mac OSX v10.5.8. This is not the most recent of the Blackmagic cards, but it should theoretically work for my purposes.

I'm trying to monitor out of my FCP timeline, which is currently set to Apple ProRes LT, at 23.98. My BVM is a Sony Luma LMD 172WS, which is an SD monitor. I was told that this Decklink card could handle the hardware downconversion on the fly.

I can't seem to balance my settings to make this work. My cables and monitor are good, because I tested them with another device, so its something between FCP, the card, and its settings.
I originally tried using the drivers on the install disk that came with the card, but kept getting codec error messages in FCP. So I installed the most recent drivers from the Blackmagic website.

I've tried the settings in FCP (I can't see any Blackmagic Prores Codec). I've also tried the downconvert options in the Output Processing menu of the Decklink settings panel.

I've had no success with this in component, and I have gotten myself to the point of a messy black and white image on the monitor with composite.

Maybe I don't have the right combo of settings, or maybe this hardware software combo is just not happy.

I know its not a typical setup, but does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks so much.

George

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: Component output issue with Decklink HD extreme
on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:57:10 am

give me a call at work tomorrow and we'll compare settings

http://www.postandbeam.tv
grade and finish @ post + beam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved