Where do I buy :-)?

cheers
gil

Return to posts index

Gil Woodley
Re: ultra scope for Mac at $99
on Apr 14, 2011 at 1:41:44 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd bump this - does anyone know anything more about this? I've checked the blackmagic website but there's no indication of a new ultra scope.

As far as I can see I didn't misquote Gary, but if it's not happening that's cool too. Blackmagic have produced enough great stuff to drain my wallet for this year.

Cheers
gil

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:51:53 am

Hi Gil,

I was perplexed by your post until I realized that Gary has probably confused the Blackmagic UltraScope hardware product with a software-only scope product, from another company, for that price.

Blackmagic UltraScope is a PCI Express hardware product with software for Mac and Windows and costs US$695. There is also the Pocket UltraScope hardware with Windows software which connects via USB 3.0 to a PC for $595.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Gil Woodley
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:03:14 am

Hi Luke,

Thanks for replying - I did a bit of googling before your reply and found the software you're referring to...and was wondering the same thing. So thanks for sorting that out.

It does raise the question though of a Pocket Ultrascope for Mac since Apple seems to have bypassed USB 3. Any plans for a Thunderbolt version for macbook pro?

cheers
gil

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:39:01 am

Hi Gil,

Clearly if Thunderbolt ports become available on more models of computers, then Thunderbolt peripherals are going to become increasingly common. Thunderbolt has only recently made its debut on the MacBook Pro so it's too early to know in what directions that might influence Blackmagic Design products. Grant Petty announced our first Thunderbolt product, being the UltraStudio 3D, but hasn't mentioned any plans for other Thunderbolt products. If you're visiting NAB, please drop by our booth and see the UltraStudio 3D working with a Promise disk array attached via Thunderbolt to a new MacBook Pro. Someone also mentioned to me that Adobe have the UltraStudio 3D working with Premiere Pro on their booth too.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Tristan Kneschke
on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:44:58 pm

Gil,

What was the product that was $99 that you found after Googling? Worth it / not worth it?

Tristan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]