FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black magic Intensity shuttle USB Bandwidth

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vincent volagu
Black magic Intensity shuttle USB Bandwidth
on Apr 10, 2011 at 12:48:30 am

Ive got everything installed correctly on my pc for my intensity shuttle and it comes across this problem. Even thou ive taken litterly all Usb devices out of my pc. Excluding the mouse and keyboard it still gives me this error. Ive also manually disabled my ports. Im running win7 if that helps. The problem being the bandwidth I would like to know how to give the intensity shuttle all of it. or the 1%. my usb3.0 is working fine ive got the updated firmware and software so I cant really see it being anything else other then bandwidth issues. and if theres something ill get it.

Problem it shows (below)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
USB Controller Bandwidth Exceeded
The controller does not have enough bandwidth available for the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, which has requested 1% of the bus bandwidth.

The items listed below are being used by a program and are consuming bandwidth.
Controller Bandwidth Used
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
Port1 10%
Port2 10%

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Black magic Intensity shuttle USB Bandwidth
on Apr 10, 2011 at 3:39:55 pm

What's the error your getting? Usually if the USB 3 port doesn't have sufficiant bandwidth, it won't even let you install it.

Return to posts index

vincent volagu
Re: Black magic Intensity shuttle USB Bandwidth
on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:00:27 pm

Ive already gotten rid of it but whats really funny is that I was able to install the blackmagic shuttle of usb2.0. but of coarse it doesn't work unless its in the 3.0. but when I did connected it to the 3.0 it would tell me it needed 1% bandwidth and that port1 and port2 were both using 10%. So like everyone said to do I litterly unplugged all the usb's except mouse and keyboard. figuring it would use less bandwidth. and that was a no go. then i just disabled the ports. now whats really weird is that after i plugged that in it wouldn't say that anymore about the bandwidth issue. but on the hardware it would show a [!] symbol next to the device letting me know it was unable to work. now im only 21 and im pretty sure if i stuck with this longer i could of gotten it to work. but just the sheer lack of stuff you have to go thru is just amazing. my computer is very unique and by that i mean its not a desktop its got it own closet with a vent system. me and my father put it together so i know what it can do. i myself installed the 3.0 and checked to see if it worked by transferring 400Gb into my Tb harddrive in under 5mins. so I know the bandwidth isnt the problem. i also installed everything correctly from the blackmagic disc and from there website also uninstalling and reinstalling just to make sure. I already bought a capture device for my pc a internal capture card with HD in and Out so its pointless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]