I have been reading (thanks Mr. Adcock) about the 50i and 25p. In particular this fantastic thread (http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/124/865645) which explains alot about 50i and 25psf.
We are capturing live greenscreen footage from an ex3 through a blackmagic Decklink card to the ProRes 1080 422 HQ codec.
My question is can someone point me to the right settings as we need the full (ie not interlaced) frames for keying? So far it goes like this:
- Set the camera to '25p' (because it is psf correct?)
- Set the capture 'source' to 'Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 50 - Apple ProRes (HQ)' - I garner this takes the same frame and splits it into fields.
- Set the codec I am saving to to 'Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 50 - Apple ProRes (HQ)'
- Set Sequence settings to 'Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 50 - Apple ProRes (HQ)' which when I look in sequence settings like: HDTV 1080i and Apple Prores 422 (HQ), and then I change the fields to none.
- Set the field dominance of the clip in the bin to none to de-interlace it.
Drop onto timeline and get keying.
Is this correct? Will that give me the best full frames? Trying to use Gary's knowledge here.