FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro w/ Sony HDR-SR12 + Component In

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anatoli Petrovsko
Intensity Pro w/ Sony HDR-SR12 + Component In
on Mar 17, 2011 at 7:01:55 pm

Hi all,
I am trying to capture video in Media Express put no matter what setting I select I get the black screen. I expected it to work on the 1080i 59.94 or at least another 1080i setting but it does not. On the camcorder the quality is the highest setting "HD FH" which is the 1920x1080 mode. When I connect the camcorder directly to a monitor I get a signal - so the cam output is working.

Also in the BM preferences the settings for component in are set. I have captured xbox video previously via hdmi so the card has worked in the past. I don't have the appropriate cable to test hdmi with the camcorder. I tried some of the lower quality settings on the camcorder and still got the black screen - though I have no idea what res. the other settings are output, and no indication of fps output is available. All I know is that the camcorder's highest setting is a 16M bit rate.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Intensity Pro w/ Sony HDR-SR12 + Component In
on Mar 18, 2011 at 9:41:43 am

Hi Anatoli,

It is always a good idea to make sure what the source device is outputting, maybe there's a menu on the camera, or something in the manual that will tell you. This will make everything else a lot easier.

If there have been any major changes in the system since you last successfully managed to capture I would suggest making sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, as it may just be that the preview in Media Express is not rendering.

If this doesn't make a difference please do give your regional support office a ring, or send a support request. You can find the support request page here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

And each region's support number here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Mar 21, 2011 at 5:09:36 pm

I have found that the format and resolution and framerate coming from the camera has to perfectly match the capture settings in Media Express and BM control panel. You are selecting HDMI or Component, which ever your using in the BM control panel as well as Media Express right?
You can always capture a little of some video via firewire and look at it with GSPOT, a free utiity that tells you almost everything about the file. Are you capturing straight from the camera imager ( in camera mode, not vcr mode)? If you have already captured to tape or internal memory, it's already compressed to the cameras normal format and capturing via HDMI or component via the Shuttle buys you nothing. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Anatoli Petrovski
on Mar 31, 2011 at 2:55:50 pm

I ended up sending it back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]