FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink studio with PremPro nightmare

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Morgan
Decklink studio with PremPro nightmare
on Mar 14, 2011 at 8:08:21 am

Hi There,

This is probably one of those questions that would merit a slap in the face with a wet fish - but I can't seem to get video playback from Premiere Pro CS5 over a decklink studio card in a 64 bit windows 7 machine. (SDI out to broadcast monitor).

I'm used to the FCP / decklink combo working as simply as 123 - but now have a pending project that needs to be graded in CS5 on a PC. Am I right in suggesting that you need to use a black magic sequence codec to be able to get playback through premiere - or is there simply a button or switch in premiere that selects the decklink as the preferred playback device?

Like I said, I have no experience of Premiere, and can't seem to find any documentation on what is probably a straightforward question.

If any one has any tips, it would be much appreciated.

Joe.

Return to posts index

Bruce Rawlings
Re: Decklink studio with PremPro nightmare
on Mar 14, 2011 at 3:27:46 pm

I am new to Premiere nd find the same problem. I have selected a BlackMagic preset and then the pictures appear on the output HDSDI monitor.

Return to posts index

Rex Summerfield
on Mar 15, 2011 at 6:56:48 am

Edit>Preferences>Device Control

Then select "Black Magic Device Control" in the drop down menu.

Return to posts index

Rex Summerfield
on Mar 15, 2011 at 7:31:08 am

Unless you are saying that you can't play it back after you capture it into Premier. There are some issues with the Black magic playback in Premier CS5.

Try Edit>Preferences>Player Settings then choose "Adobe player" from the drop down menu. The Black Magic Playback option is problematic.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kosmicki
on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:40:26 pm

You need to use a Blackmagic editing mode for output through the DeckLink card. You can simply use one of the Blackmagic presets when creating a sequence. The Blackmagic sequence will edit/function like any other Premiere sequence.
Premiere is designed to have the ability to use multiple editing modes, giving the user the ability to switch between multiple hardware and software configurations in a single system.

Jeff Kosmicki
http://www.toyraygun.net

Return to posts index

Joe Morgan
on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:37:53 am

Thanks for all of advice guys - for some reason, altering the setting of the black magic sequence settings to PAL, and not HD has given me a picture on the monitor.

Our project is HD though (720p25), and everytime we set up a sequence using the black magic HD720 settings, we have no playback.

To confirm again - we are using a decklink studio and only use the card for monitoring from premiere (no capture).

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]