FORUMS: list search recent posts

URG ENT on set problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve GERGES
URG ENT on set problem
on Mar 10, 2011 at 12:05:30 pm

i do have an issue with the blackmagin hdmi to sdi converter.

OUR setup is the following:

we are shooting with a canon 5D, e output the signal via HDMI to the mini converter, we the outbut the SDI signal to a multibridge to get a live image onto an intel mac.

The SDI signal gets lost between the converter and the multibridge. We only see a black image in FCP in the log and capture window. Everything seems to be connected right as we did test the multibridge with an hdcam, inputting an SDI signal straight away in the multibridge and ths works.....

what can be the solution?????

AS I AID BEFORE IM ON A SET AND NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION ASAP !!!!!! THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Steve - Art Director - http://www.remedia.lu

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: URG ENT on set problem
on Mar 10, 2011 at 1:38:54 pm

Hi Steve,

What do you currently have the capture format set to on the Multibridge? It sounds like the capture setting might be where the issue is. I think there's some confusion as to what the 5D outputs, as opposed to what it records to. My understanding is that whilst it records to 1080p24, it outputs 1080i59.94 over HDMI. I would also suggest eliminating Final Cut from the equation and try with Media Express, and see if this makes a difference.

I hope that this helps. Please feel free to give us a call if you're in need. You can find each office's contact details here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
Re: URG ENT on set problem
on Mar 10, 2011 at 2:31:36 pm

IIRC the 5D outputs a non standard image size over HDMI when recording.
If it isn't standard size some part of the chain eg. FCP won't 'see' it.

That might be it...

EX1
MBP
Short fingernails

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]