FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle and 3D capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Thelia
Intensity Shuttle and 3D capture
on Mar 5, 2011 at 8:12:36 pm

Hi, I need to be able to capture frame-packed 3D video coming off a Sony 3D Handycam with HDMI out. Looks like that's possible on the Decklink Extreme. Is it also possible on the Intensity Shuttle? Thanks- Jerome

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Shuttle and 3D capture
on Mar 6, 2011 at 12:21:10 am

I have the Shuttle and nowhere in the software or manual mentions 3D video. Why do you need to capture via HDMI? You can get the 3D videos off with the USB cable.

Return to posts index

Jerome Thelia
on Mar 6, 2011 at 5:18:08 am

Thanks for looking into it. I need to capture 3D video from a Sony 3D camera that currently has no software decoding available, meaning 3D video can only be used via capture from the HDMI out of the camera. The BMD Extreme card can capture frame-packed 3D via HDMI. I need to do this in the field from a laptop, so I was hoping I could do the same thing using the Intensity. My only other option as far as I know would be to use an laptop connected to PCI Express box with a BMD Extreme in it. If anyone knows of a way to do this with an Intensity or from any capture card that will work in a laptop, please let me know. Thanks! -Jerome

J.T.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Mar 8, 2011 at 6:18:12 am

[Jerome Thelia] "Hi, I need to be able to capture frame-packed 3D video coming off a Sony 3D Handycam with HDMI out. Looks like that's possible on the Decklink Extreme. Is it also possible on the Intensity Shuttle? Thanks- Jerome"

Hi,

This is only supported on the HD Extreme 3D. Intensity Shuttle does not support 3D captures.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]