FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro Grayed Out Control Panel

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Laurion
Blackmagic Intensity Pro Grayed Out Control Panel
on Mar 4, 2011 at 7:30:07 pm

Just wanted to give you a heads-up here...
Blackmagic Intensity Pro Greyed Out Control Panel
Media Express does not see any capture card being installed

When installing the Blackmagic Intensity Pro onto a Windows 7 computer, during the software installation of the Intensity Software (any version) it states that a firmware upgrade is required... Afterwards you are told that the PC needs to be restarted for the changes to take effect... After restarting the PC you go to the BlackMagic Control Panel and all the settings are greyed out and are unable to make any setting changes... Also, when opening Media Express the software fails to open because it states that it cannot see a capture card installed on the PC...

What I have found is that no matter what version of the Intensity software being installed will act the same way on a Win7 machine... I found that all one needs to do is to enter the BIOS setup and save & exit then when booted back up all is then working correctly... It seems that after the firmware upgrade to the Intensity capture card that you need to enter the system BIOS for the PC to register the card correctly... At anytime whether you install the software or upgrade to a newer version, it will always ask that you need to run a firmware upgrade to the capture card and will need to enter the system BIOS once again in order for it to be registered correctly... Don't ask me why this is, it just seems to be the biggest issue when installing the Intensity capture card into a Windows 7 installed PC...

I sure hope that this helps allot of people whom have had nothing but problems installing this card...

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro Grayed Out Control Panel
on Mar 5, 2011 at 4:55:18 pm

When the control panel is greyed out on a Mac you have 2 options and i'm sure it's the same on your system.

A.Your card isn't installed properly. There's no contact between card and motherboard.
B. the card is broken. Call Blackmagic.

So try to reseat it in another slot, if that doesn't help call Blackmagic support.
Firmware update is a hardware upgrade so it is possible that something went wrong and killed the card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]