FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink mulitbridge pro to thunderbolt cable

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David L
Decklink mulitbridge pro to thunderbolt cable
on Feb 26, 2011 at 9:49:06 pm

Is there a possibility of of the thunderbolt connector being able to connect to a multiple bridge pro? Thinking extreme care will be required with the cable being thunderbolt pcie to dvi connector. With the possibility of thunderbolt displayport to dvi connector being possible.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Decklink mulitbridge pro to thunderbolt cable
on Mar 2, 2011 at 1:52:31 am

do you seriously think that your legacy equipment will ever work with Thunderbolt ? Do you seriously think that ANYTHING that you currently own (drives, monitors, etc.) will ever be backwards compatible with Thunderbolt - are you nuts ? TIME TO SPEND MORE MONEY, and throw out your investments, buddy.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Lydia Robertson
on Mar 14, 2011 at 11:33:05 pm

I have read that thunderbolt will be able to connect to legacy digital equipment with adapters. I have read that USB 2 &3 , firewire, hdmi, E-sata, display, mini display and DVI will all be supported.

Here is a quote:
"You'll be able to run anything that works via PCIe through Thunderbolt once adapters become available - this connector will replace ExpressCard entirely. Intel's Thunderbolt controllers interconnect a PC and other devices, transmitting and receiving packetized traffic for both PCIe and DisplayPort protocols extend to reach other's I/O technologies by using adapters that use widely available PCI Express controllers. It's simple to create a Gigabit Ethernet, or FireWire, or eSATA adapters using existing device PCI Express drivers.
Thunderbolt products require a controller chip supplied by Intel and a small connector that would be included in platforms supporting this technology. The Thunderbolt controller chip provides protocol switching capabilities to support the two protocols over a single cable. Intel is making its controller chip available to the industry, and is working with other component manufacturers to deliver the Thunderbolt connectors and cables."

Return to posts index

Tommaso Alvisi
on Mar 21, 2011 at 12:25:42 pm

Hi Bob,
almost everything will be compatible with TB via various adaptors powered by the TB cable itself.
Since it's plain 'n old PCI-E, even an external PCI-E bus extender with slots for Expansion cards could be built...
;)
T.

Return to posts index

Jerry Mattos
on Mar 28, 2011 at 4:43:58 am

I like your positive thinking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]