FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro frame rates

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Troiano
Intensity pro frame rates
on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:56:23 am

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to working with video. I am in the process of building an editing system. I have the "dream" list of equipment and parts I want. Of course money dictates what I am able to get and when. Until I can afford the dream I/O card, I was looking to add a budget solution, simply for outputting a proper signal, to a Panasonic Plasma Monitor, for color correcting (not for broadcast, mostly for web, and personal projects). Eventually the day will come, when I have to high end I/O card, and proper broadcast monitor, but until then the Panny, and a budget card will have to do.

My question is, I understand the Intensity Pro will output the correct signal, for critical monitoring to an ISF calibrated Panny Plasma. But where I'm fuzzy is the frame rates that are supported. On Blackmagic Designs website, it lists 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 720p50 and 720p59.94, as the supported frame rates.

The above info is found here http://decklink.com/products/intensity/techspecs/

If I'm working on a project in 720p30p, or 1080p30p I wouldn't be able to monitor, or color correct through the Intensity?

I'm a little confused about the frame rate issue. I see other cards that list more frame rates then others. On the above link, the Intensity Shuttle, lists even more frame rates, but I still see some that are not listed.

Thanks for any incite into all this, as I stated earlier, I am very new to all this, but trying to stumble my way through it.

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]