FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio - problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kommersmith
Decklink Studio - problems
on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:51:29 pm

Hello,

We recently purchased a Decklink Studio card for our Mac Pro. We have an 8-core with 16GB of ram running Snow Lewopard.

The HDMI output looks horrible. There is bad Chroma bleed. The component output looks fine.

We are also experiencing pixel "stair stepping" when sequences are paused in both Final Cut and CS5. When you play, the sequence looks good.

I have sent two different e-mails to Black Magic and they have not responded. has anyone experienced these problems with their card?

Thanks for any insight and help.

Mike Kommersmith
WLOX-TV
Biloxi, MS
mkommersmith@wlox.com
228-896-0731

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Decklink Studio - problems
on Feb 22, 2011 at 1:06:33 am

[Mike Kommersmith] "We are also experiencing pixel "stair stepping" when sequences are paused in both Final Cut and CS5. When you play, the sequence looks good.
"

If you are looking at interlaced material, this is normal..as you are only seeing one field. Try deselecting "Remove field jitter when video is paused". Your resolution will be better, but you will probably get jitter.

Don't know about the HDMI issue. Mine works perfectly.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ford
Re: Decklink Studio - problems
on Apr 7, 2011 at 2:22:37 am

I'm having issues with this as well. I used the updated drivers to correct the Chroma issue but the HMDI Output signal to an Acer Monitor and Samsung LCD keep dropping in and out. They still haven't responded to my emails either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]