FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle Pro and PS3.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bowers
Intensity Shuttle Pro and PS3.
on Feb 19, 2011 at 10:19:14 am

Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, and need your guys help. At the moment, my computer monitor (which connects to my PCs Graphics Card via HDMI) is also used to play my PS3 (which is also connected to the monitor via HDMI).

I'm currently looking into getting a capture card, and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Black Magic Intensity Pro.

Now from what I understand, PS3s cannot output with HDMI, due to HDCP. My monitor does not have component inputs, nor outputs. So would it be possible if I got a set of component cables to go from PS3 -> Input into the Intensity Pro -> Output WITH HDMI back to my monitor? Would that work? If not, do you guys have any suggestions?

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense at all, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Intensity Shuttle Pro and PS3.
on Feb 19, 2011 at 9:40:14 pm

Buddy of mine uses hdmi switch and HDCP "repeater" which fools players signal so
hes HD projector could play this material on big wall. Projector does not have HDCP.

This could help you also ?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Feb 21, 2011 at 11:34:28 am

Hi Brad,

When capturing over component with the Intensity Pro, the input signal will loop through to all of the outputs of the card, and as long as the input video format is supported by that particular output connection (so no HD picture can pass through over Composite or S-Video) you will get a loop-through picture.

So, if you input HD over component, you will get HD out from both component and HDMI outputs.

If you should need any further information, please do get in contact with your regional support office, and they will be more than happy to help. You can send a support request from the following page.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Brad Bowers
on Feb 21, 2011 at 12:28:59 pm

Thanks for the assistance. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved