FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro general problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ugo Danesi
Intensity pro general problems
on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:29:41 am

Dear all,
I have purchased the intensity pro just to have the preview of my job on fcp. I am working with a mac pro dual quad core 16GB ram.

Actually i need to put on dvd some foootages of a customer of mine from an old Panasonic VHS-C. I have connected the camcoder to the jack n. 9 (Y - in) of my blackmagic intensiti pro and the audio jack to the audiojacks in of intensity.

For caputre I have used Blackmagic media express and fcp 7. As settings I have tried uncompressed compressed PAL-DV PAL progressive @25fps but also in the preview I have found a lot of black frames (I have also deactivated the stop option on dropped frames).

I have also a big proble with audio. It is no present. Only a loud noise on both channel (the camcoder is mono). Thius noise disappears if I disconnect the video signal when the tape is changing shene by stard/stop during shooting.

I have tried to record sound from my sound card @48,000 abd 41,200 but there is a lose of syng during the footage.

I have tried to connect to my DVD-HD recorder not (pro - a normal heme LG) and all seems to be fine.

I would like to use the computer to reverse the footages on DVd beacause there need some editing.

Where am I wrong?

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: Intensity pro general problems
on Feb 13, 2011 at 2:51:56 pm

Check and make sure you are plugged into the audio in cables not out (I know seems basic but I have done it). If you are try switching them, they may have been incorrect from the factory. Can you capture INSIDE FCP? I use Vegas and can capture inside of that without needing to use BM's capture software....

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Feb 14, 2011 at 12:33:27 am

What formats can you capture with Vegas? I can only get .mxf, 8 and 10 bit uncompressed when capturing with Vegas. I can capture Blackmagic Motion JPEG if I use Media Express.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Feb 14, 2011 at 2:03:52 am

Those are what I get to Danny....they are a smaller file in the end than what I get if I capture in Blackmagic, so I use that instead...

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Feb 14, 2011 at 6:10:06 am

Oh, cool. I didn't compare the mxf file size to the MJPEG but the mxf looked great. Thanks for that info. I'm going to start doing the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]