FORUMS: list search recent posts

uncompressed AVI problem in MacOS X 10.5.8

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian finn
uncompressed AVI problem in MacOS X 10.5.8
on Feb 9, 2011 at 9:56:34 am

Hi

We have a Decklink SP in a MacOS X 10.5.8 system and a Decklink HD Extreme in an Ubuntu 10.10 system both of which are used for SD capture to 8 or 10 bit uncompressed.

The linux / windows uncompressed AVI's are described as UYVY by quicktime and show no video in Quicktime / FCP etc

The only way I've been able to make the AVI's play on MacOS X is to use one of the open source media players which is not great as we need to edit these files.

My workaround is to open the file in a Hex Editor and change any text UYVY top 2vuy and then resave but this is not really a sustainable solution and seems uncessary given that the files are basically the same, just the description in the file is different!

Is a fix planned for this or any easier way to ensure captures in Windows / Linux play easily in MacOS X??

thanks

adrian

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: uncompressed AVI problem in MacOS X 10.5.8
on Feb 10, 2011 at 9:24:56 pm

10 bit uncompressed worked for me not 8 bit

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: uncompressed AVI problem in MacOS X 10.5.8
on Feb 24, 2011 at 1:07:30 am

[adrian finn] "My workaround is to open the file in a Hex Editor and change any text UYVY top 2vuy and then resave but this is not really a sustainable solution and seems uncessary given that the files are basically the same, just the description in the file is different!

Is a fix planned for this or any easier way to ensure captures in Windows / Linux play easily in MacOS X??
"

I have an AppleScript that will do a batch convert if you want it. I posted a link to this app some time ago on this forum.

We'll have to check if we can capture to the same fourcc as we run the risk of the wrong colorspace being used on Windows should we use 2vuy.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]