FORUMS: list search recent posts

Input Mode Detection for Intensity Pro using DeckLink SDK

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveed Gazi
Input Mode Detection for Intensity Pro using DeckLink SDK
on Feb 8, 2011 at 5:10:01 pm

Hi all,

As the subject suggests, I'm trying to automatically determine what display mode to choose based on the device connected to my Intensity Pro card via HDMI, using the DeckLink SDK. I went through the documentation and realized that Input Mode detection is not inherently supported for the Intensity Pro but I was wondering whether a work around is possible. I was thinking of looping through all the display mode indexes until I successfully received an appropriate frame. This would require grabbing a frame from the VideoInputFrameArrived() call back, and reinitializing all interfaces/pointers with the next display mode index if the call back function failed to return a frame.

There are some problems with this approach, for instance attempting to stop the video/audio streams from the call back function will force the program to go into a bad state and it did, resulting in a segfault.

Has anybody managed to find a work around to this limitation? Any advice/suggestions to my approach are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Naveed

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Input Mode Detection for Intensity Pro using DeckLink SDK
on Feb 16, 2011 at 6:42:56 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately this feature of the SDK only works on Decklink SDI, Decklink Optical fibre and Decklink Duo.

We've gotten a number of requests for this feature to be added to other cards but if/when we are going to do that has yet to be decided.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]