COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Sheets
Intensity pro firmware woes
on Feb 2, 2011 at 6:27:13 am

My setup as of Right Now:
CPU: i5 3.3ghz (Sandy Bridge GPU)
MOBO: Biostar TH67+
4Gb memory (G.SKILL DDR3 for what it's worth)
Rocketfish PCI 5.1 sound card
Intensity Pro installed in PCI-E X1

Just built a new pc, with the intention of incorporating the Int. Pro into the build. Everything installed perfectly, until i was prompted to update the firmware. This failed, so i tried another PCI-E slot (X16). Ever since i moved the card to the other slot, the computer hasn't been able to detect the card's existence. I moved the card back to the X1 slot but to no avail.

Things i have tried:
Turning off UAC

Alternate slots (made the issue worse)

Made sure there were no power saving PCI options enabled in BIOS

Attempted to install with every relevant driver, along with most xp drivers

Removed every shred of Blackmagic software, including drivers, from my computer and attempted to re-install

Remove the card to see if my computer had mistaken it for some other piece of hardware

I haven't been able to turn anything up yet, but if anyone knows of a method to effectively troubleshoot this issue, I would be open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

One last note: I am always excessively careful about static shock when handling computer hardware, i can assure you that this device is not fried.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: Intensity pro firmware woes
on Feb 2, 2011 at 12:57:10 pm

Sounds like if the firmware upgrade fail, you have no "bios" for the card. I would contact Blackmagic, they may have to do the upgrade themselves....

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Jason Sheets
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:04:57 pm

That was the answer i was afraid of. I tried to save a few bucks by getting the hardware new from a third party, and returns are no longer accepted. Any idea what a service charge from Blackmagic would look like?

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:26:20 pm

No idea....if it was new, they may help you anyway...I got mine from an EBAY store...so...I have no idea what the costs may be. I have had pretty good luck with medium sized companies before, but you never know! Good luck!

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 16, 2011 at 11:44:45 pm

I'm pretty sure as long as the card is not damaged that we can factory flash the firmware to the board. And we'd be happy to do that for you even if it is out of warranty. Just contact your most local office and tell them it croaked in a firmware update.

Now...so that we are putting all card on the table here. If we get it back and we flash it and it doesn't work (which would point to more serious issues) then we might be in a different boat. But as long as the card simply has a bad firmware we can correct that for you.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Jason Sheets
on May 7, 2011 at 12:58:54 am

After dealing with the Blackmagic Design customer service representatives (very helpful by the way), i was finally able to get the intensity pro working on my computer.

After my original failed attempt, i recieved a replacement card in the mail, and tried again, the same way that i did the first time. When the firmware update notification popped up again, and began to lock my computer up, i decided that insted of restarting, i would just leave my computer on overnight to see if it would work itself out. It DIDN'T work.

By the time the second replacement card arrived in the mail, my hard drive had crashed, fortunately not losing me any necessary data. So with 2 new hard drives in place (now in raid 1 for safty!), and a clean install of windows 7 later, i prepared to install my intensity pro for the last time. It worked flawlessly.

I HAVE A THEORY:

Initially, i had the intensity pro installed on my windows xp system, working like a charm. I then upgraded to windows 7 with an upgrade disc. When i went to re-install my intensity pro, all hell broke loose. Is it possible that the Windows.old backup file that was leftover from the upgrade contained black-magic software that was causing my intensity pro to continuously fail? Perhaps it was something else, but in any case, a clean instal of windows 7 seemed to do the trick. Either that, or i just so happened to get 2 defective products in a row.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]