FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing video in Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ no Picture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pascha Nabavi
Capturing video in Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ no Picture
on Jan 31, 2011 at 7:40:48 pm

Hi

First off let me say that I am new to video capturing so I apologize in advance if I make any rookie mistakes.

So I have a Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ in my computer and have Media Express along with it. What I'm trying to do is record gameplay from an Xbox 360. The problm I'm having is I don't get any image when I hook it up. I'll try to list out as much detail as I can so you have all the infomation I do.

I connected the Xbox by HDMI to the back of the Decklink in one of the HDMI ports. I also found out about the Blackmagic Control Pannel option, and chaned the setting there to: "Set input: HDMI video & HDMI Audio"

Then I go to Media Express, go to capture, and it doesn't show anything. I also tried connecting it to the other HDMI port, but again it doesn't give any picture.

So then I tried to connect it to Component cables, and chanegd the settings in the Control Pannel to "Component Video & AES/EBU Audio" and the Green cable in the 'Y - In' Red cable in the 'R-Y In' and Blue cable in the 'B-Y In' of the breakout cable. Again no picture (I didn't connect the audio cables as I was just seeing for the picture)

I then switch to composite cables, plug the Yellow in the 'Y In' and the audio in the AES/EBU ones, and switch the settings in the Control Pannel to "Composite Video (Y In) & AES/EBU Audio", then head back to Media Express, and I get picture.

What I want to do is make it work via HDMI cables and capture at 1080p 60fps (Xbox does 60 frames). My Xbox is PAL and right now on 1080i (I also tried 720p but no picture still). I think it is something I am doing and maybe not putting in the correct settings but I don't know which to put. Any help would really be appriciated.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Capturing video in Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ no Picture
on Feb 1, 2011 at 6:16:08 am

xbox ans ps have mostly protected output.

i bet this is the reason you get only analogue picture,

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Pascha Nabavi
on Feb 1, 2011 at 12:52:36 pm

Do you mean HDCP? From what I heard the Xbox uses HDCP only when watching movies. So normally it should be fine when playing games as it doesn't protect it.

Is there any other things that could be causing this?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Feb 1, 2011 at 1:17:49 pm

Most of the time it is wrong setup or wrong input n control panel.

Ie. 25 fps on capture but 60 fps source.

--

Margus

Return to posts index

Pascha Nabavi
on Feb 1, 2011 at 3:17:01 pm

That sounds like it would be the culprit behind me problem. I'm not too sure where I have to go to change the frame rate settings in the decklink though, is it in Media Express?

Return to posts index

Pascha Nabavi
on Feb 2, 2011 at 3:25:34 pm

Hi again

I got it working! It was just like you said a problem with the frame rate settings. Thanks a lot for your help Margus!

For anyone else reading this who might have the same problem I had, just go to Media Express and in the Preferences, change the setting to HD 1080i 59.94 and voila, problem solved!

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:17:55 pm

Nice :)

--

Margus

Return to posts index

Ron Nakano
on Jul 20, 2014 at 12:09:39 am

I have a similar issue, but not the same, wondering if someone can give me some insights.
Using a Decklink mini recorder - hdmi. Everything seems to be recognized (drivers, BlackMagic Design Control Panel. When I go into Media Express I have no picture. I messed around with frame rates and nothing. I put the card into an older (XP) box and it works fine. The software I want to sue won't work on XP (wants Win 7), so when I go back to the newer box (Win 7) the card with the same setting on the XP, has no video and no audio. I tried a different PCIe slot just in case but same problem.

Being it works on another (older box), does anyone have any suggestions on what a newer box might be missing - I tried reinstalling Quicktime just because.

I didn't think a Decklink mini recorder card would have hardware issues with the newer box, but is that the only thing left?

Thanks,
Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]