FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ 'capture device offline'

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Brunger
Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ 'capture device offline'
on Jan 31, 2011 at 4:50:14 pm

Hello,

Hoping someone can help!....BMD tech guys if they're about?

Just fitted a Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ to my Mac Pro (running 10.6.6 / DL 7.9.5 / Premiere Pro CS4.2.1) and connecting a Sony J-H3 HDCAM player to it to capture via HD-SDI.

I am seeing picture in my Capture window, but despite my device control cable being plugged into the Deck and my DL card I am getting 'capture device offline'. I have tried it plugged into the RS232 port on deck and also the 'REMOTE IN (9P)' port, but no joy.

Now I have bought a standard RS232 gold plated NIKKAI cable from Maplin (electrical AV chain in UK) and despite the decklink using RS422 I have been informed by several sources that the 232/422 cables are infact identical in their make-up so it should carry both signals. They are both 9-pin and use information to all nine pins AFAIK. I have got a gender changer adapter on one end of the cable, but that should affect anything should it?

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Apparently the deck should just connect automatically with no menu fiddling, but I'm not getting control whatever I try.

Many Thanks,
Jim.

Return to posts index

Jimmy Brunger
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ 'capture device offline'
on Feb 2, 2011 at 5:45:48 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on this!?

Getting a bit desperate - resorted to using firewire cable to control the deck while I capture through HD-SDI, but the control is very laggy and inaccurate and I'm having to put gargantuan handles on any clips I capture due to really bad picture break up as the deck winds up to start rolling. Deck is a Sony J-H3 hire unit and no faults reported on previous hire.

Help if you can BMD guys!

Thanks,
Jim.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]