FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ question.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Cea
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ question.
on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:23:12 am

HI All, I'm looking for some help on how to take SD video and upscale it during capture using the DeckLink Extreme 3D card. I am attempting to capture old VHS footage (through the S video connection) using Media Express (I have also tried using FCP). I have looked under the System Preferences/Blackmagic and then under the processing tab. The "select input processing" menu looks like it contains settings for what I want (upscaling SD to HD) but changing the settings within that drop down seems to have no effect on files I am capturing. All captures come in at 720x486 Pro Res. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure I am overlooking something here and it's probably silly so let me also state for the record that I am new to not only Blackmagic products but also the world of up/cross/down conversions.

Thanks for any help guys
Chris

Return to posts index

veeru baalap
Re: DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ question.
on Jan 25, 2011 at 12:47:07 pm

hi have black magic card but it not taking Y R B in & out but taking SDI input & output please tell me what should i do ?

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:54:17 pm

Veeru,

I'm not sure how this relates to Chris' post. This might have needed it's own thread.

But from what I can see is it looks like you haven't changed the settings in the Blackmagic Control panel.

In windows. Click Start/Windows button -> Control Panel -> Blackmagic Control panel. Then under input or output make sure you have the drop down set to accept Y/Pb/Pr (Y, Y-b, Y-r or component). Once these are set you should be able to get input.

Output should always be streaming (component or SDI), so if it is not, there may be a connection issue. Either way, if you are having trouble with the output, just give your local Blackmagic Design office a call and our guys will help walk you through it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:50:45 pm

So once you set the upscaling (input) option that you are looking for you will want to open a project setting that matches your TARGET resolution.

So if you are going for 1080i, then you need to choose that project setting in FCP or Premiere to get that to capture.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]