FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Canon HF100 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jabari Osaze
Using Canon HF100 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro
on Jan 16, 2011 at 2:22:48 am

Greetings:

I am trying to use my Canon HF100 with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card to stream to Ustream. Is anyone out there using this configuration? While the Producer (regular and pro) recogizes the card as "Decklink" the image I get is black. It seems the software is working, I have 2 Logitech c910s hooked up via usb which seem to be working fine. Can anyone help here?

Thanks,
Jabari

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Using Canon HF100 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro
on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:38:01 am

Hi Jabari,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the software you mention, but to rule out any compatibility issues with the software itself, I would suggest performing some tests using our Media Express software just to eliminate this as a possibility.

The key things to make sure are set correctly, are your input in Control Panel->Blackmagic Control Panel->Set Input, and the capture format in whichever software you use to capture. In Media Express this is set under Edit->Preferences->Project Video Format.

I would also suggest contacting the Blackmagic Design support office in your region for more help if you have not already done so. Our email support form can be found here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

And the support numbers can be found on the company page here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Mike Caruana
Re: Using Canon HF100 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro
on Jan 17, 2011 at 3:04:33 pm

What output are you using on the camera?

You can't use USB. There's no live output. It either has to be HDMI or HD-SDI.

Based on the issues I'm having with my Vixia, try setting the capture input to 1080 59.94i. Every other setting seems to give me a blank screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]