FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro crashes FCP on still image

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed McNichol
Intensity Pro crashes FCP on still image
on Jan 13, 2011 at 8:15:30 pm

Hi -

When I load a still image in FCP, it crashes.

The crash report states that it is a Blackmagic Design codec issue.

If I turn off the External Video it works just fine.

Anybody else seeing this? I sent a support request to them several days ago but have heard nothing...

Kind Regards,

Ed McNichol
425-239-4414
ed@mcnichol.com

EDcetera, a division of Mumbian Enterprises, Inc., provides post-production editing services based on 26 years of global video expertise, combining technical proficiency with strong storytelling and great customer service.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Intensity Pro crashes FCP on still image
on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:06:26 pm

How big is this still? Dimensions, not MB.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ed McNichol
on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:11:09 pm

Hi Dr. Shane -

Thanks for your reply. A wide variety of images can cause the issue. They tend to run 3000x2200ish into a 1920x1080 sequence. Just loading them into the Viewer kills FCP.

-Ed

Kind Regards,

Ed McNichol
425-239-4414
ed@mcnichol.com

EDcetera, a division of Mumbian Enterprises, Inc., provides post-production editing services based on 26 years of global video expertise, combining technical proficiency with strong storytelling and great customer service.

Return to posts index

Nathan Jongewaard
on Apr 4, 2011 at 4:41:13 pm

In my experience with this bug, what triggers the crash is an *unusually* sized image or video. That is, if an image happens to be something like 780 x 421 (just as an example) instead of a more common resolution, like 780 x 420. I often have this problem with video, too - for instance, when creating a screen capture video, if I fail to capture it at a common resolution or fail to re-process the resulting video to a common resolution before bringing it into FCP, the crash is practically guaranteed.

I believe that I *may* have also seen the crash with images that are simply very large, too, but try playing around with the dimensions a bit.

It's a big pain in the butt and I've not heard peep from Blackmagic about a fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]