FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difference between DL HD Extreme 3D and + version

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Meadows
Difference between DL HD Extreme 3D and + version
on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:26:02 pm

Just curious what the difference between the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D and the DeckLink HD Extreme 3D Plus? Local dealer says the Plus is the latest model. B&H lists both. The BMD website only shows the 3D, no plus model.

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Difference between DL HD Extreme 3D and + version
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:11:44 pm

Hi Craig,

The DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ is indeed the current model, and supersedes the HD Extreme 3D. The 3D+ only adds HDMI 1.4 support, for capture and playback of the frame packing 3D format. Where the 3D model had HDMI 1.3 support.

Should you need any further information, please do feel free to get in touch with your regional support team. You can find our support form here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Craig Meadows
on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:44:14 pm

Thanks Chris!

One more question; can I take out the "3D" card and replace it with the "3D Plus" version without uninstalling drivers? (on a MacPro. I assume they are the same drivers). Or would it be safer to do a uninstall and install the "Plus" as new?

Background:
We have two MacPro/FCP systems. Each had Kona cards that we are replacing with Decklink cards for Davinci Resolve and facility compatibility. The "3D" is currently in the Resolve system but when the "3D Plus" comes in this week I want to put it in the Resolve system since it's the latest model.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

gunawan syarifuddin
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:07:24 pm

I have Decklink HD Extreme 3d+ card, with version 7 driver, extended desktop is not work, and it become useless since I use extended desktop feature for my broadcast application.

Please help, my friend of mine's HD Extreme 3D (without "+") can display extended monitor using version 7 driver. but mine, HD Extreme 3D+ won't work. :( :((

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]