FORUMS: list search recent posts

ultra scopes 1.5 not showing gamut

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Carman
ultra scopes 1.5 not showing gamut
on Jan 11, 2011 at 4:16:10 pm

I just updated my ultra scopes to v 1.5 Seems like there is a bug. With gamut checked for both parade and luma waveform out of gamut trace doesn't appear read as it used to. Anyone having the same problem?

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
Re: ultra scopes 1.5 not showing gamut
on Jan 11, 2011 at 11:51:24 pm

Hi Robbie,

Previous versions of UltraScope had illegal levels locked to anything below 0% or above 100% RGB. UltraScope 1.5 is more flexible and the gamut warning is now based upon your choice of Error Logging Profile. Please see pages 24 and 25 of the manual for details about error logging and error logging profiles. By default, UltraScope 1.5 now uses the EBU-R103 standard for error logging and I believe this will explain the different behavior you have observed.

If this doesn't help, please contact your nearest Blackmagic Design support office for help.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Jan 12, 2011 at 6:44:27 pm

Thanks Luke.

This is very very helpful. I wasn't aware the the logging profile impacted out of gamut highlighting. However on the B/W waveform or Comp or Both for that matter out of gamut trace is still not being highlighted RED like it is on the Parade. This is the same for the default profile or a profile that I make. Was this intentional or a bug?

Also the error logging is pretty useless to me at the moment because of another issue I've been trying to figure out. Before I moved to Resolve I had a Kona 3 in my machine and it based Timecode to the Ultrascopes via SDI. Now however with the Decklink Extreme 3 the card doesn't seem to pass timecode to the Ultrascopes, thus making error logging not all that helpful. Any ideas on this one? I've looked everywhere for an option but can't seem to find one.

Thanks for your help!

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Hersh Burston
on Jan 13, 2011 at 5:37:06 am

Hi Robbie,

The parade view will show RGB gamut errors whilst the B/W view (YUV colour space) will show luminance gamut errors. These are quite separate and on everyday footage the errors may be different but on extreme images may show similar areas in error.
Like RGB gamut errors, luminance error thresholds can be set up in the profile.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hersh Burston
Senior Product Manager

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 13, 2011 at 7:19:47 pm

Hey Robbie,

I sent you an email (forwarded from Peter Chamberlain) this morning with some possible reasons why you are not seeing embedded timecode.

To sum up, timecode over SDI (from the Decklink HD Extreme 3 and higher) will only show up if the output is coming from Resolve. Other applications such as FCP we do not support RP188 out.

There's more detail in my email, but give it a quick scan.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:14:36 am

Thanks Hersh and Joshua for your updates. (Joshua I just responded to your email).

After Luke informed me about the profile tie-in, now gamut highlighting it does indeed work for RGB however I still can't get the highlighting to work for out of gamut luma. I've restricted my profile to 100 IRE played with sensitive settings and even if trace is clearly above 100IRE its not being highlighted RED. Granted it does show up in the log and I can clearly see that its out it would be nice to have that highlighted back.

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:26:54 am

[Robbie Carman] "Thanks Hersh and Joshua for your updates. (Joshua I just responded to your email).

After Luke informed me about the profile tie-in, now gamut highlighting it does indeed work for RGB however I still can't get the highlighting to work for out of gamut luma. I've restricted my profile to 100 IRE played with sensitive settings and even if trace is clearly above 100IRE its not being highlighted RED. Granted it does show up in the log and I can clearly see that its out it would be nice to have that highlighted back.

Robbie Carman"

I'm still searching for an answer to this one. It seems the gamut warning in red is gone in 1.5.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Bruce Little
on Jan 17, 2011 at 5:22:42 am

I would like to know if there is a way to get embedded timecode out the sdi port with a decklink extreme hd 3?
I also need this for my scope.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jan 17, 2011 at 8:07:55 pm

Right now Timecode out of the Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ only works on the resolve application. The Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ supports RP188 output if the Decklink SDK was used to do the integration. This is the case with Resolve, but it is not implemented in FCP or Premiere.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]