FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity pro audio sync trouble

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver FdeVeurz
intensity pro audio sync trouble
on Jan 7, 2011 at 7:07:53 pm

I have installed intensity pro in HP XW9400 system, running windows 7 64 bit. Nvidia FX3500 installed latest drivers from Nvidia site.

Measured blackmagic disc speed is 199 mb/s read 198 mb/s write

I capture from a Sony HVRA1E and when I capture avi yuv 8-bit the audio is extremely out of sync.
When I capture avi motion jpeg the audio is still badly out of sync.

On the blackmagic site I see intensity pro 3.9.4 software, which I downloaded and installed.

When I check the driver in windows I see version number for the driver 7.9.4 When I look at the blackmagic site I see decklink has version number 7.9.4, maybe the drivers are mixed...

Could the trouble have to do with this?

When I play the capture back in media express I do not hear sound over my sound system but over the extra monitor which is attached to the hdmi output.

Anybody know a solution to get the audio synced?

thanks

Oliver

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: intensity pro audio sync trouble
on Jan 7, 2011 at 11:56:24 pm

Both the 8 and 10 bit uncompressed captures need a raid array to capture correctly, but the motion jpeg works great on my i7 without a raid. Are you dropping frames when capturing mjpeg? Try capturing to a drive other than your C drive. I have the same Sony HVR-A1 and capture straight from the imager via component out, no tape in the camera. That's how your doing it right? Most people have success using i7 quad core machines.

Return to posts index

Oliver FdeVeurz
on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:30:58 am

Hi Danny,

Thanks for thinking along!

re dropping frames, I would not know for sure, in mediaexpress preferences I have the setting to stop when dropped frames are detected, and it does not stop, so I guess not.

re capturing to other drive, I already did and do that. I just did another test and it still is terribly out of sync.

I do have a tape in the camera, but yet component out.

Could you perhaps check the driver version in windows, not the software version number but in the windows manager, to see what version the driver itself is.

thanks

Oliver

Return to posts index

Oliver FdeVeurz
on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:35:35 am

OK, one step further now.

I captured a test and ported the file to another pc where I opened it in quicktime and voila no more problems with syncronisation...

So to me it looks like intensity pro does its job, but the playback on my machine seems to have trouble keeping things together.

Strange, this machine was sold to me as ultra fast, any ideas what this could be?

tnx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]