FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downconverting HD to SD issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Downconverting HD to SD issue
on Jan 7, 2011 at 5:41:13 pm

In the Blackmagic Control Panel I have PROCESSING on output set to "HD to HD and SD Center Cut." I see the downconvert fine on the monitor that is connected to the deck. I black a tape, then go to Assemble edit and BOOM! Nothing. Black. Why?

Is it now sending an HD signal to that Component connection? Because it says HD to HD and SD...why do that? I ONLY want SD. So if it is sending out both signals, how does it know which needs to go down what pipe?

This is seriously hitting me... I'm yanking the card out in 30 min if I can't figure it out, going back to MXO2.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Downconverting HD to SD issue
on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:01:06 am

If your trying to capture Sd from an HD camera, why don't you set the camera up to downconvert to SD and capture it that way instead of using the down convert during capture feature in Media Express?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 8, 2011 at 3:12:39 am

Shane,

Can you give more info about your connections and settings. I have a Decklink card and I think I may know what you are doing wrong, but am not quite sure

1) make sure Enable Conversion on Analog Output is correctly set.

2) Are you monitoring SDI or Component?

3) There is an SDI output on the pigtail that is always SD. This is different than the SDI output on the card itself.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 8, 2011 at 7:50:02 am

Cancel this. User error...in a BAD way. I was grabbing the QT Clip and dragging it to the ETT window, and not the Sequence. See, I exported a self contained file, and it has the right timecode...but I just brought that into a new sequence (weeks later), to just output to tape due to a client request. But I kept grabbing the file, because it had the name of the cut...and not the SEQUENCE, as it was just Sequence 1. Force of habit.

So since the clip started at 58:00:00...and bars start at 58:30...I got 30 seconds of black every time.

User error. I feel dumb.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]