FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope compatability report

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Preston
Ultrascope compatability report
on Jan 7, 2011 at 1:03:37 pm

A couple of findings when trying to setup an Ultracope PCIe.

Dell Vostro V230 MT, ATI HD5570

When installed the PC randomly locks up especially on shutdown.
Ultrascope program starts but no input is displayed and the selection buttons will register an action only with a massive delay, or it just freezes.
Had problems installing the software but it all went well when I moved the card to the 16x slot, obviously couldn't use this for operating as the graphics card needs to go there. Must be a problem with the PCIe 1x pipe.

HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower, ATI HD5570

Installed first time and runs well. Video frame rate is suffering slightly but it is only a Pentium D with 2g ram.

The motherboard has two PCIe 1x slots and it worked in the first one I tried.
I wonder if that is the issue with the Dell as it only had one 1x and greater bandwidth is shared between the two on the HP

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrascope compatability report
on Jan 8, 2011 at 2:53:07 pm

Hi Simon -
since this is the recommended and approved list of graphics cards for the Ultrascope -
•Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
•Nvidia GTS 250
•Nvidia Quadro FX 4800
•ATI Radeon HD 4650
•ATI Radeon HD 4670
•ATI Radeon HD 4680
•ATI Radeon HD 4870

Why are you trying with an ATI 5570 ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Simon Preston
on Jan 8, 2011 at 3:02:51 pm

Hello Bob,

After doing some research and reading a lot of your previous comments, it seems people had success with ATI cards other than the qualified ones which don't seem to be updated often.

The 5500 series appears to be the successor to the 4600 series in the budget range.

The main point of my post though is that the Dell appears to cause problems

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 9, 2011 at 1:48:08 am

I have found that if you choose your own hardware, you have a 50 - 50 shot of it working or not working. And this includes varying from the OS suggested, the computer type, the graphics cards, the motherboard. After a while, it's not fun anymore, and you just say "screw it, I am going to use what they suggest".

Now, if both ATI and NVidia stop making ALL the graphics cards that Blackmagic suggests, and Blackmagic does nothing to update their website to show supported products, then I am going to organize a band of farmers with pitch forks, and torches, and we will march upon the Blackmagic offices, and hold them hostage, until someone releases updated information. That will teach them !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]