FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upconverting SD options

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Upconverting SD options
on Jan 6, 2011 at 8:54:35 pm

In the Blackmagic Control Panel, under PROCESSING, then INPUT PROCESSING...the options for SD to HD are 16:9 letterbox to HD, and 16:9 anamorphic to HD. Well, 16:9 in SD is RARE...├╝ber rare. What about the option for the MAJORITY of SD footage...4:3? Where is the option for that? What do you do when you have that footage?

I want to capture 4:3 as PILLARBOXED...bars on the side. AJA allows for this. Matrox allows for this. BMD? Seems to lack this. Or, am I overlooking something?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Upconverting SD options
on Jan 7, 2011 at 12:01:08 am

I've used that upconverting feature before, but with 16 x 9 SD video. I just tried with 4 x 3 and your right. With 16 x 9 letterbox checked, it chops off the top and bottom, with anamorphic checked, it streches the video to 16 x 9. I've personaly done away with all my SD cameras so I'm not effected by this. I use Sony Vegas mostly for my NLE and it gives me the option to take the streched to 16 x 9 clips and change the aspect ratio to get the pillar box results your looking for. It's not a fix for BM lack of a setting for this but it's a work around that works. Hope this helps,
Danny Hays, Universal Studios FL

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 7, 2011 at 6:50:39 am

I'll try it and see. Just amazed that there is no setting for the standard format of SD...and only ones for the really rare ones.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Javier Sanchez
on Jan 16, 2011 at 4:18:00 am

Hi, are u using a mac or a pc? I want to up converting an sd signal to hd, on Pc is easy using the media express witch came with the bmd decklink 3d. But i install it on a mac to do it with final cut, however when i select on capture the blackmagic 1080i 59,94 i dont have image but if i set blackmagic ntsc, then i have.
You know how i have to do it?
Is for capture an Ntsc, telecine to HD upscaling with apple pro res codec...( with fcp )
And one more, do i need a raid to capture it (bandwidth)?

Regards
and thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]