FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timcode on HD Extreme/Ultrascope

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Carman
Timcode on HD Extreme/Ultrascope
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:51:14 pm

Hoping someone has a answer for this one. I've written BM support but haven't heard back. A few months ago I swapped out my AJA Kona 3 for a HD Extreme since we moved to Resolve. With the old card and my ultra scope setup I was able to get Timecode going to the Ultrascopes (in the preview area) as well as timecode to my reference monitor (FSI 2460)

This was hugely helpful when doing review sessions with clients. Now with the HD Extreme I can't seem to get this setup to work.

Here is how my setup is wired SDI Out 1 from Extreme to Input of Ultrascope. Ultrascope Out to my Reference Monitor. SDI Out 2 to AJA HI 5 then to Client Plasma. I've played around going direct into the reference monitor and with other loop thru setups and nothing seems to work. This setup will change slightly soon as I'm putting in a AJA HI 5 3D for stereo work but the basic idea will be the same.

Any ideas I've looked at every thing in the sys pref pane and there doesn't seem to be any options for enabling TC on the SDI outputs.

As I said before the exact same setup with a Kona 3 worked just fine in regards to TC but with the HD Extreme its a no go. Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Timcode on HD Extreme/Ultrascope
on Jan 13, 2011 at 7:25:51 pm

Hi Robbie,

The first email I've seen from you was forwarded to me from Peter Chamberlain. I've responded to your email in some detail, but also had some questions.

I've also responded to a post with similar questions on this forum. So please check for it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]