FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - Composite/S-Video issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam McDonald
Intensity Pro - Composite/S-Video issue
on Dec 25, 2010 at 7:38:57 am

I've been using the Intensity Pro with both Component cables and HDMI fine, however I have some new hardware (Retro Duo) that is composite/S-Video only.

I've setup my control panel for composite/S-Video input respectively when trying both options.
I've had my preferences set to NTSC and NTSC 23.9

When I plug my system in, the audio works fine UNTIL I plug the video in. Then the signal drops completely and the audio dies.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, even if the answer is "The Intensity Pro won't work with that." I saw some people having issues with other pre-HD consoles, and VCRs. I'm not sure if the VCR work around would work or not, but considering the S-Video didn't work on this either, I doubt it.

The Retro Duo is hardware that plays NES and SNES cartridges. Besides the Virtual Console on the Wii (which only has a select few games) this seemed to be the only legal way to stream oldschool videogames...

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Pro - Composite/S-Video issue
on Dec 25, 2010 at 6:18:01 pm

I would try changing the framerate to 29.97 in your control panel or anything until the video shows up in media express.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Pro - Composite/S-Video issue
on Dec 25, 2010 at 8:50:38 pm

OOPS, I meant in the Media Express preferences. The capture settings have to match the source material, res and framerate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]