FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro wont Record

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Adams
Intensity Pro wont Record
on Dec 24, 2010 at 10:57:03 am

I have recently gotten my Intensity Pro card to work, but had the problem with dropped frames. I got another 320gig Hard Drive which was seperate from the Operating System, It doesnt tell me that I have dropped frames now but when I stop recording nothing happens as if it wasnt recording at all. but the timer works.

Any help would be great.

Phil.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Pro wont Record
on Dec 24, 2010 at 10:12:53 pm

Have you changed the captured video directory to the new drive? What kind of drive is it? What format are you capturing to? Motion JPEG I hope, unless it's a raid drive. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Phillip Adams
on Dec 25, 2010 at 12:22:25 am

Yes, I had changed preferences to the new drive.. actually Express picked it up already. I'm also capturing in JPEG, I haven't changed any settings from when I was using the External USB 2.0 hard drive.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB (7200rpm) SATA 8MB 3.5 inch Hard Drive (Internal)

Drive Interface SATA 3Gb/s
Disk Size 3.5Inches
Disk Capacity 320GB
Disk Speed 7200RPM

Return to posts index

Phillip Adams
on Dec 26, 2010 at 12:15:31 pm

Anyone know the cause of the problem?

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:36:19 am

This is one of those pure guesses, but the problem could be right under your nose. Since the timer is rolling but there`s no video it seems to mean that the computer is saving the files too automatically. While you should also check by manual (make that brains,) means where they are really going, the first thing to check would be if the takes are always flunking into test mode, never released to regular mode.

Return to posts index

Phillip Adams
on Dec 29, 2010 at 3:12:00 am

Thanks, I have sorted it out by installing Windows 7 onto the new Hard drive and using my 1TB Hard Drive for recording but my problem now it still gives me dropped frames. which I can't work out how! but also another problem I face is that I cannot get my Disk Speed Test to work it wont even start no matter what drive I try it on.

Phil.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:48:23 pm

Phillip, the next step is to go to a computer repair shop and have the technician toss in all the usual corrections to Windows that speeds things up. Remember that production machines never go onto the internet, so turning off firewalls and factory original antiviruses is amongst what he`ll do. There are many other chores he`ll know too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]