FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Screen on HDMI Input after installing second card.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraser Agar
Black Screen on HDMI Input after installing second card.
on Dec 22, 2010 at 8:14:51 am

So I am getting the classic black screen for HDMI input. The weird thing is that component works... but on only ONE of the cards (whichever is in the topmost PCI slot. My solo card was working fine, but now even if I remove the second card, I still have a black screen from HDMI.

I have already downgraded/upgraded my drivers multiple times. 3.9.1 being the latest, 3.6.3 being the earliest. Not really keep on the idea of stepping through the whole set. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Black Screen on HDMI Input after installing second card.
on Dec 22, 2010 at 12:26:53 pm

Hi Fraser,

I would suggest making sure that your HDMI source is not protected with HDCP content protection. This is a very common reason for HDMI to not work. If this is not the case, please do contact the support team in your region using the support form on the following page.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

If you can include further details of your workflow, this will help us find where the problem lies.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Fraser Agar
Re: Black Screen on HDMI Input after installing second card.
on Dec 22, 2010 at 5:29:02 pm

Hi Chris,

I have tried a Panasonic TM700, GH2, Xbox 360, and Apple TV along with multiple cables (all of which worked until the update).

I contacted support before I posted here, but haven't received a reply.

Oh, and component works on both cards now, so that part of the problem is solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]