FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture side by side from HD Link Pro 3D to DeckLink HD Extreme 3D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Baldwin
Capture side by side from HD Link Pro 3D to DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
on Dec 22, 2010 at 1:49:47 am

I'm trying to use HDLink Pro 3D to combine two video sources into one side by side stream and then ingest this stream with a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D capture card (not using the 3D capability of the capture card, just the DeckLink Studio won't capture 1920x1080p 60Hz).

I have been able to successfully connect two 1080i or two 720p SDI sources to the HDLink and display them in side by side mode on a recent Dell monitor via DisplayPort to HDMI. The monitor reports the HDMI signal as 1080 60Hz. However, if I connect the DisplayPort on the HDLink to an HD Extreme 3D and set the capture parameters to 1920x1080p 60Hz, I just get a black screen. I'm using Montivision Workbench to capture from the HD Extreme using DeckLink DirectShow drivers and then render. If I connect the HDMI output off a laptop (instead of the HDLink) to the HD Extreme and set the laptop resolution to 1920x1080p 60Hz, it captures the laptop screen just fine with the HD Extreme and Montivision Workbench.

I've also tried capturing the SDI out from the HD Link with the HD Extreme again at 1920x1080p 60Hz but still get a black screen. I do not have another way to generate 1920x1080p 60Hz over SDI, but I can successfully capture 1920x1080i 59.94Hz over SDI with the HD Extreme and Montivision Workbench.

In the experiments above, I seemed to have verified basic functionality for both the HDLink Pro 3D and the DeckLink HD Extreme, but am not successful at getting them to work together.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Tim Baldwin
Kulabyte
http://www.kulabyte.com
Twitter: @kulabyte

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]