FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM Shuttle, Did everybody give up?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dexter Mobley
BM Shuttle, Did everybody give up?
on Dec 18, 2010 at 8:12:45 pm

I haven't seen any posts about the shuttle in a while. Did everybody give up and move on or what? The design and cost look great, but it truly is a nogo if i gotta drop $1500 for new parts just to make that work. I would like to know - since BM items seem to give everybody fits.

Return to posts index

Bob Haber
Re: BM Shuttle, Did everybody give up?
on Dec 18, 2010 at 11:08:46 pm

I think the compatibility situation is well enough understood now that either you have the right parts or you don't, and there shouldn't be surprises. If your PC can't handle the Shuttle then you need to get a Pro, it isn't that much different in either price or capability.

In the future as fully capable USB3 ports become more common the Shuttle compatibility situation will just kind of fade away.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Dec 18, 2010 at 11:28:55 pm

I have the Shuttle and love it. Best $200 I ever spent. I use it to bypass the HDV mpeg compression of my HDV camcorder, and having all four video outs outputting at the sametime is a great bonus. That's 4 different monitors, Tvs to view my video on, leaving my two computer monitors free for other things. I did also have to built a new PC for it to work, but I wanted an i7 anyways. Luckly I saw the Shuttle specs and requierments before I built it, and played it safe with the Asus P6X58D-Premium MB. It has the X58 chipset and the req. bandwidth USB 3 port. I'm suprized on how little forum chatter on it there is too. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Dec 19, 2010 at 2:56:28 am

I think that some people were able to get it working while a lot more didn't understand the requirements. I read the requirements beforehand and jumped on it from the Intensity Pro and it works perfectly for me!

Return to posts index

Dexter Mobley
on Dec 21, 2010 at 5:48:52 pm

Well thanks for the feedback. Normally I would just buy it ans feel it out, if it fails for me, back it goes. But, for a (currently) unnecessary upgrade to an i7 from a high end quad core is not worth it. I'll probable get the MOTU unit which i can use with my current machine, and its i7 replacement whenever that comes about. The Pro is a 5-6 year old and I was looking for something newer..

Return to posts index

Cleiber Goulda
on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:12:24 pm

On that note - does anyone know if the Shuttle has worked well with a laptop? Have been searching about this and so far, nada...
Thanks,
C

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Dec 23, 2010 at 8:06:06 pm

The only one that has said to work with the Shutle is the HP Envy 15.

Return to posts index

Cleiber Goulda
on Dec 27, 2010 at 12:46:35 am

Yeah, I heard that. Can't figure out how they got it to work with the Envy 15" since according to HP's specs, it doesn't have USB 3.0 built-in and I thought the PCI cards wouldn't work.

However, the Envy 15 has been discontinued and they now have the Envy 14 and 17 models. From what I can see, there is no 1080 screen version for the 14. I also read in another forum that they have not been able to make the Shuttle work with the Envy 17, which probably means that for now we are back to square 1...

If anyone knows if the shuttle works with the Envy 14 or any other laptop, would appreciate a head's-up as I am about to go on the market for a new laptop and would like to get the Shuttle or the UltraStudio Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]