FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videohub timecode in a CAR

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lowden
Videohub timecode in a CAR
on Dec 15, 2010 at 10:37:48 pm

Hello
I just wanted to know how others deal with an issue of timecode and the videohub. I have started using digibetas in a CAR to do simple cuts and dubbs. I use digibeta PVW 2800P recorders and sony J30 as players with a videohub between the two. Without a LTC cable between the 2, I cannot find a way to get the timcode from one machine to the other. I have a very vague memory that it might be possible through the RS422 to get it the TC but I can't find it anymore. If not, through the VITC but again I can't see how.

Just wondering how others do dubbs and other simple machine work with a videohub.
Many thanks

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Videohub timecode in a CAR
on Dec 16, 2010 at 12:06:40 am

by CAR do you mean "central apparatus room"?

If so we do it all the time using VITC.

[Christopher Lowden] " I use digibeta PVW 2800P recorders and sony J30 as players with a videohub between the two"

The PVW 2800P is not a digibeta is it? I thought it was a SP beta. And if so it does not have SDI input.

If you are talking about a DVW deck then you just switch it to EXT timecode and regen and under the bonnet select VITC. Then it will generate LTC and VITC from the incoming source which the Videohub passes.

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
Re: Videohub timecode in a CAR
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:10:18 am

Sorry for the machine typo.

I knew there was a solution and you gave it to me. Thank you very much.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]