FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio driver/firmware issues with OSX 10.5.8 and FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Lea
Decklink Studio driver/firmware issues with OSX 10.5.8 and FCP 6.0.6
on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:34:54 pm

I updated to the v7.9.3 drivers and firmware on a Decklink Studio 2 and have encountered an audio monitoring issue during capture in SD, haven't tried HD yet.

While capturing into FCP 6.0.6 with the Blackmagic NTSC 10bit settings, the audio sounds like it's registering the SDI embedded audio signal and sending that out instead of the analog audio. In other words, all you hear is digital garble while monitoring analog audio but the capture is fine after wards and plays back without issue.

I back rev'd the drivers but 7.8.1 but the problem persists. I think the firmware update after I loaded 7.9.3 may have hosed the capability to monitor analog audio properly during capture for my setup. Has anyone seen this or does anyone know of a way to back rev the firmware from the 7.9.3 update? I am going to try going back to 7.7.3 as one of the packages must force a firmware update on the card.

Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone might have on this.

Return to posts index

Bobby Lea
Re: Decklink Studio driver/firmware issues with OSX 10.5.8 and FCP 6.0.6
on Dec 14, 2010 at 9:28:51 pm

Okay, the 7.3.2 will force a firmware update and that did fix the audio monitoring issue during capture if anyone comes across a similar situation.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:40:18 am

I have been in contact with BMD about this issue for a long time. It actually started many versions back. The last version that works properly is version 7.5.

Kristian Lam from BMD has indicated it will be fixed in version 7.9.4 (not yet released).

Return to posts index

Bobby Lea
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:06:15 pm

Ah, right. Well it seems on my end that I had to go back to 7.3.2 in order to back rev the firmware on the card after trying every other version previous to 7.9.3. The previous versions of drivers, including 7.5 did not fix the problem on my end since 7.9.3 updated the firmware, but good to know that 7.5 is good as long as the card has the older firmware rev.

Thanks for your response as I did not hear back from Blackmagic tech support. How did you get in touch with them? I never heard back after emailing them directly about this issue yesterday and they do not list this particular issue or a fix in their support tech notes on their site.

Also, do you notice slower booting times with the Decklink cards? This system boots very slowly with the Decklink Studio 2 card in the 4th slot. It works but takes five minutes to boot which made testing various drivers for basic, core capture functionality even more time consuming. Hope we can save someone else the time and trouble.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:22:10 pm

It can take a day or two to get to all the emails. Unfortunately we cannot always get to all the emails the same day (of course that's what we shoot for). However, rest assured this issue is addressed in the next driver version. This issue has been around for a bit now, so I am not sure how far back you'd have to go driver wise to find one that didn't have it.

Now as for the computer booting slowly, I am not seeing this in my labs. I have seen something similar to this when installing/changing drive configurations. You've probably already done this, but if you are using an external array, make sure that the drivers are current for the HBA.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:16:36 pm

Yeah, I was just going to post. That's been an issue in that board for a little while (monitoring analog audio when capturing video with SDI audio). As Kristian mentioned that is fixed in the next driver/firmware release.

We've had a few people with this complaint, I know it's a bit of a pain but the next version should not be too far off.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]