FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio + Intensity?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michele stocco
Decklink Studio + Intensity?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:17:50 pm

Hi,
i have a Decklink Studio that i bought 2 years ago. When i bought it it came only with the Breakout + SDI slot, without the HDMI slot (I still have the pack and it didn't have the HDMI slot).
Now I need the HDMI slot (we're gonna buy an extra monitor that has HDMI connection, a Eizo FX-2431). I thought about buying an SDI - HDMI adapter, but then i thought that it was easier (and of course, cheaper) to install an HDMI card. I saw the Intensity, and it looks like it could be the answer. My only doubt is, using two cards on the same MAC (I have a MacPro Quad-Core Intel 2 x 3,2 GHz, with 10 GB RAM, and i work on Final Cut Pro 6.0.6) will it create any kind of problem? I won't use the two cards contemporaneously (I don't need to capture with both cards in the same moment), but it would be a great help to know if it's gonna create any kind of conflict when i want to switch from one monitor (using the Decklink) to the other one (using the Intensity).
Searching on the web i saw that this could be done but i really need to be sure.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Michele Stocco
Editor/Post-production technician

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Decklink Studio + Intensity?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:47:28 pm

Yeah, sounds like you bought the Decklink Studio 1. The main difference between the 1 and 2 is that the 2 has the HDMI connections.

Now, you can buy an Intensity but it might not work like you think. You can use two of our boards in the same system (they are controlled independantly through the Blackmagic control panel). The problem will be that most "single card" applications will only pickup and notice the first card that is installed. This means that in Final Cut you will not be able to CHOOSE which card you want to use without removing one of the cards. In short, it will be a pain.

Now for other applications that know how to deal with two cards it is very simple, but for the standard type of apps it is not so simple.

So again, it can work, but it might not work like you expect it to.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

michele stocco
Re: Decklink Studio + Intensity?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 10:36:25 pm

Hi Joshua, that was my doubt...
Thanks for your fast answer.

Michele Stocco
Editor/Post-production technician

Return to posts index

Neri Perdigon
Re: Blackmagic Mini converter sdi to hdmi
on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:51:52 am

Hi, I've had problem with sdi to hdmi miniconverter. It works with SD sdi only but not with HD sdi. What seems to be the problem. I've tried different HD format but doesn't work. Pls. help. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]