Thomas Shull
Lost Playback Settings In Snow Leopard Upgrade
on Dec 9, 2010 at 10:53:05 pm

Hi,

FCP 7
Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 2.9.3
Mac OS X 10.6.5
Quad Core Intel Xeon

I recently upgraded my system to Snow Leopard as well as updated the Blackmagic HD Extreme driver to 7.9.3 (the highest) and now when I launch FCP I am missing some playback settings.

I am editing a sequence at 1920x1080, 24fps, photo jpeg compression and used the Blackmagic 1080p 24Ghz (1920x1080) setting to play down my sequence before the upgrade. Now, after the upgrade, there is no setting for this and all the settings at 24fps do not work.

I tested the "mirror on desktop" checkbox in A/V devices but that just flips this problem from the monitor down to the canvas window. i can play down on the monitor but the video is frozen on my canvas.

I refreshed A/V devices, restarted, etc, all the usual troubleshooting techniques, but to no avail.

Does this mean the new upgrade does not allow playback for any other compression other than 8-bit, 10-bit, and Prores?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Lost Playback Settings In Snow Leopard Upgrade
on Dec 10, 2010 at 3:07:48 am

Hi,

This shouldn't be the case. The playback settings haven't changed. Try trashing the FCP preferences to see if you can get the settings to refresh the next time FCP starts up.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Thomas Shull
Re: Lost Playback Settings In Snow Leopard Upgrade
on Dec 10, 2010 at 2:32:56 pm

Hi Kristian,

I have trashed the preferences but the playback settings remain consolidated. I have adjusted my sequence to be of a ProRes compression which works for the time being.

I'll try to explore a bit more and see if I can find a way to get those additional playback settings to return but in the mean time I'll try to keep everything uncompressed or prores.

Thanks for the help Kristian.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]