FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme SDI video capture.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Lopez
Decklink HD Extreme SDI video capture.
on Dec 6, 2010 at 6:05:52 pm

Hello gentleman,

I own a Panasonic AG-HPX300 and I just received my Decklink HD Extreme card, is there any person in this forum that can provide information about the workflow and setup to capture SDI video from a camera?.

I live in Guayaquil - Ecuador, I saw over the internet that a company called "Deidan Group" was conducting seminars about Blackmagic Design products here in Ecuador, with the support of BMD and a guy called Terry Frechette, I heard the seminar was very useful but I was not able to attend and I have to way to contact "Deidan Group" to get the information that I need. Congratulations to BMD for the seminars in Ecuador that's the first step to gain market here.

Thanks in advance.

Jose.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Decklink HD Extreme SDI video capture.
on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:45:01 pm

Hi,

It's quite simple and you can use Media Express which is included in the installer download to capture.

1. Make sure you select SDI as the input source in the Blackmagic preferences located in OS X's System Preferences or the Windows Control Panel

2. Launch Media Express and go into the preferences.

3. Select the project format that matches your video format.

4. Close the preferences and you should be able to see video in the preview window.

More detailed instructions can be found in the user manual PDF.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:46:33 pm

Hello Kristian,

I had followed your instructions and the PDF manual, but no luck, I had doubled checked cables, camera settings but nothing, any other suggestion?.

Thanks for your time,

Jose.

Return to posts index

Igor Lun
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:11:29 pm

i dont have a decklink card, but i have a BM ultrastudio pro for capturing HD SDI. It is pretty much the same ecxept its an external and uses usb 3.0. But i could not get it to work for a while. I bought new motherboard with i7 CPU, now it works. What type of system do you have?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]