FORUMS: list search recent posts

MJpeg AVI Audio won't playback in PPro CS5

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dobson
MJpeg AVI Audio won't playback in PPro CS5
on Dec 4, 2010 at 8:41:32 pm

I have captured some footage in PPro using the Intensity Pro(v3.now.)
It is transcoded to Black magic's MJPEG AVI codec. If I create a sequence using the mjpeg preset, the audio does not come out of my speakers. I have tried every combination of Audio settings in PPro and in Windows7. Nada. The audio VU meter is moving, so I know the audio is there. If I create a DVCPro HD sequence and drop the clip in there it plays just fine! So I'm not with out recourse, but any clue why it won't play in it's native preset sequence? Also, there is no playback audio in the Media Express. Would be nice if this worked.

Return to posts index

David Dobson
Re: MJpeg AVI Audio won't playback in PPro CS5
on Dec 4, 2010 at 9:14:12 pm

Also noticed that the captured video won't playback until after you restart the program or reload the file (just a white frame immediately after capture)...? Perhaps I should skip the mjpg capture...

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Dec 5, 2010 at 2:35:07 am

I have the Shuttle and had problems with the newer drivers and software. If you don't get audio from the cards audio output with Media Express, I would try some earlier versions of Balckmagic software and drivers. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Dec 6, 2010 at 11:20:23 am

David,

What resolution and frame rate is the video (1080i59.94, 1080i50) ? We'll have to try it out here. As far as I know, this is not a known issue.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Dec 6, 2010 at 1:11:24 pm

1080i59.94. Windows 7 64 bit home basic and PProCS5.

Return to posts index

Mike Bujak
on Dec 6, 2010 at 10:09:49 pm

This problem comes with Intensity Pro and Deckling Studio 2 with Premiere CS4 and CS5. Its about audio remapping. There is no problem with CS3 with the same driver release, everything works fine.

I have connected additional wire form BM to msx card and left this problem unsolved.

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Dec 11, 2010 at 2:27:00 am

Well since I've added the Intensity Pro Card - NO AUDIO plays on the source side of Premiere Pro. I have updated the drivers to 3.9.something. At least the video will now playback right after capture. And if I put it in a timeline that isn't a blackmagic Preset - the audio plays fine.

Spent the week capturing Video from a Camera through an AJA HDP2 converter box, HD-SDI to HDMI. It worked mostly really well. Occasionally I would get images where part of the screen lagged the upper part by a a few frames, resetting the Aja box seemed to fix this, but that's not conclusive. I did a lot of closing programs and restarting and changing settings until the "tear" went away. Sometimes it didn't and I will have to use the P2 back up for those shots.

Return to posts index

Mike Bujak
on Dec 11, 2010 at 8:11:48 am

If You use Premiere's preset the player is set to adobe and there is no audio remapping , everything works fine, when using blackmagic the problem appears in cs4 and cs5.

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:21:25 pm

I am using CS5 and I would like my audio back.
I will uninstall the software and drivers now and see if that works.
Then I guess I'll have to reinstall the drivers when i want to use the card and work around the audio problem.
Too bad.

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:59:01 pm

Uninstalled Black Magic Intensity Drivers and Premiere is working normally. Yay. But not great as I'd like it to work with the drivers installed. I am guessing (in part from Mike's Comment) that once the drivers are installed, all the black magic presents are trying to play the audio out through the Intensity Pro card and not through the computers audio card (on the Motherboard.) And for some reason, with the drivers installed - all the source side audio (meaning footage not captured with the card) is also being sent to the Intensity Pro Card and not though the motherboard audio. When I have time I'll reload the drivers and hook up my HDMI Monitor (TV) to the card and see if the audio is coming out of that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]