hey guys,

i got this new mac editing suite to work on , the specs are :

* Processor : 2.8 Ghz Quad core intel Xenon
*Memory : 8Gb 1066MHz DDR3
*Graphics card : ATI Radeon HD 5770
*4 Tb RAID
* OS snow leopard

and for the editing i've got FCP 7.0.3 with a Blackmagic deckling Duo

i need to capture from IMX tapes and re print on the same format!

the problem is that i'm not able to capture anything directly into fcp using the log and capture tool , no matter how i change the capture preset from uncompressed 10 bit to 8 bit to prores 422 ... when i try to change the capture preset from the log and capture window , the fcp becomes not responding so i force quite it !

i was able to capture using the blackmagic media express software which runs perfectly!

when i try to print to tape , i only get the video recorded without any sound , even though the connection cable used for output as for input is SDI !

what am i missing ? can this be a faulty card ? does this type of cards has compatibility problem with FCP 7?
any help ..... ??

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: problem capturing from Blackmagic duo
on Dec 3, 2010 at 12:41:12 pm

Hi Samir,

It's strange that you are using the DeckLink Duo card as this card is really targeted at developer and OEMs. It is 2 DeckLink SDI cards built onto one card and appears in your system as 2 separate cards even though it only takes up one PCIe slot.

If you manage to get Print to Video working but you're not getting audio, it's very likely FCP is using the audio output from one SDI connection but sending video output from another. Look into your FCP setup and you will see 2 DeckLink audio devices, just pick the other one.

Same thing with capturing, Final Cut Pro may be using the SDI input you're not connecting to as there are 2 of them on the card. Have you tried the other SDI input connection?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

samir kassab
on Dec 3, 2010 at 2:27:07 pm

Hi Kristian

i just tried to change the audio playback setting , and i channeled it to Blackmakgic audio 3,and it worked like a charm!

But regarding the capture,i switched the SDI connection to the other available input interface but i still dont get signal into FCP log & capture tool!i tried the same while using the Blackmagic ''Media Express '' application and i was able to get a video signal just from one SDI input and not the second!

is it possible that the second SDI input is not giving any signal and that the FCP is only recognizing this very non-working input!

Thank you so much Kristian for your advice , i hope we can solve this capturing thing soon !

Best regards

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Dec 4, 2010 at 6:31:49 am

Hi.

In a multi card situation, Media Express will pick the first enumerated card to use by default. If you want to use the other SDI input, here's a workaround:

1) Duplicate the Media Express application in the OS X Finder.

2) Launch both copies and make sure you set it to run in the background (from Media Express's preferences)

3) Now that you have 2 instances running, one will use the first SDI input and since that SDI input is being used, the second Media Express instance should start using the 2nd input.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]