FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrastudio laptops

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Nunez
Ultrastudio laptops
on Nov 17, 2010 at 10:04:51 am

Dear Decklink users,

Any of you have any experience with Ultrastudio Pro and Flash Live encoder?

I have read that by disabling the input preview USB 3 based products works with FLE.

Another point that I would like to ask is if any recommendations for a Windows USB 3 based laptop are around this forum.

We would like to order a laptop and to be sure that is USB 3 Decklink compatible.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrastudio laptops
on Nov 18, 2010 at 3:15:01 am

from the Blackmagic website -

We currently recommend the 15" HP Envy. We are in the process of qualifying more notebooks.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Carlos Nunez
on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:22:36 am

Thanks for this

BTW I have read so many recommendations on video storage from you, great stuff!

Return to posts index

Igor Lun
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:34:35 am

i have a desktop that had intel i5 with P55 chipset motherboard, and asus u3s6 USB 3.0 card. Ultrastudio did not work. I had to buy i7 with x58 chipset. now it works. I'm still trying to figure out what software should i use to capture video. premiere cs5 does not recognize blackmagic. Don't know why. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Carlos Nunez
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:37:43 pm

Hi Igor
Thanks for sharing it
I will try soon with Sony Vegas and let you know how it works
Flash live encoder will also be tested
Cheers
Carlos

Return to posts index

Cleiber Goulda
on Dec 27, 2010 at 12:49:36 am

The Envy 15 is discontinued. Anyone have any other suggestions as to which laptop might work with the UltraStudio?

Return to posts index

Robert Dewerff
on Oct 3, 2011 at 9:03:28 pm

We purchased an MSI GE 620 to go with our Ultra Studio after hitting several USB 3.0 dead ends with other laptops. Yes, the MSI GE620 will work. But I must preface that we had issues with the laptop itself.
I had 8 busy days to give this project a shot, before the end user needed it.
The Ultrascope ran fine for the first day or two. After 3 days the laptop started to have boot issues and sluggish operation. The Media Express and other programs would randomly be unable to find the device. WME would drop frames immediately. I thought it was the ultrascope, but I dropped in an Intensity 3.0 and was having the same issues. Once every 3 or 4 boots, the planets would aligns and things ran well. The laptop itself began having more critical failures with performance outside of any capture related activities. I build 100+ computers/encoders every year and would normally run far away from any MSI product. I am really hoping someone finds another working model of Laptop.

Bob D
America One Networks

Return to posts index

Brad Parler
on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:37:25 pm

We also have purchased a few of the GE620s from MSI as it was a recommended laptop from BMD. Bob, do you have any tips from your experience to make it a more stable environment?

Sales @ TapeWorks Texas Inc.
Authorized re-seller of over 400 manufactures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]