FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro w Xbox 360 - No Video

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Declan Clarke
Intensity Pro w Xbox 360 - No Video
on Nov 1, 2010 at 5:36:15 pm

Hi,

I know this is the most common kind of thread but I'm stumped. I have an Intensity Pro capture card and I've been trying to get it to work with my xbox 360. I have two consoles here. And elite and a normal console with HDMI output. Both will not show video in the media express preview screen.

I have had this working before with my elite earlier this year. I have a HDMI setup (HDMI from xbox to card, from card to PC Monitor). My PC is a Dell Studio XPS 8000, Quad Core, Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8Ghz and 3GB ram.

Like I said, worked before, then one day, POOF! just stopped. No idea why. Now here is where things get wierd...Blackmagic have checked the card and tested it to be working fine. My xbox is working fine. My other xbox is working fine. So whats my problem? Nothing I've read online seems to fix this? I've heard of:

Rolling back to 3.4 drivers = FAIL
Updating BIOS = FAIL
Remove/Replace Card from PC = FAIL

Can anyone help me...there must be a reason. It worked before without problem :(

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro w Xbox 360 - No Video
on Nov 3, 2010 at 7:00:15 am

Hi,

First thing I would recommend is to check your capture settings. I presume you're using Media Express to capture? Go into the Preferences and make sure you project format matches what your Xbox is sending out.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
Re: Intensity Pro w Xbox 360 - No Video
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:55:13 am

Yes, check the resolution of both your capture settings, and also your Xbox settings (sometimes it will reset your xbox resettings if you unplug it), and make sure that they both MATCH EACHOTHER. You may also be having an issue with HDCP via HDMI, so if you have one of the newer Intensity cards with component input, use that instead. I think there's an HDCP setting to disable it in the Xbox 360 settings, but that may only be on the Development kit versions of the 360.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]