FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro, getting video/audio from SD but not HD

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ville Virta
Intensity Pro, getting video/audio from SD but not HD
on Oct 29, 2010 at 6:00:36 pm

Hi everyone!

Couldn't find any answers to this problem, so thought I should ask.

My story: I used to capture HD video (720p) from my xbox 360 (this was like 5 months ago) and then for some reason I couldn't get any video or audio. For a few months I tried to fix this problem and couldn't do it, so I just thought my intensity pro got broken for what ever reason. I bought a new intensity pro and couldn't get it working either, so now I'm thinking something happened with my computer and I formatted it. After formatting I just couldn't get that capture card working and now I bought component cables, just to try them out (before I had used HDMI in and HDMI out). Even my component cables wouldn't work so I thought I should try setting them as composite cables and try if SD video would work. After setting things up I got my SD video working and I'm like, what the heck? Why doesn't my component/HDMI work, but my composite works. Right now I have my settings as component in and HDMI out.

My xbox is set to 720p (and 50hz, i guess. It says "now playing on 50hz is this displaying correctly" and I choose yes). In my blackmagic control panel I have Set output: HDMI & component and Set input: Component video & analog RCA Audio. My media express settings are HD 720p 50 (I've tried 59.94 and 60)

So why can't I get my HD working? There is no audio and no video, can't even get a signal when I switch my monitor from DVI to HDMI. Also what happens is that my xbox doesn't start properly when I have my HD settings on. I mean it starts up, but when I put my HDMI cable directly from xbox to my monitor it only then goes to that start up screen where the xbox logo comes up.

Hope my english isn't too cryptic for you guys. And also PLEASE HELP!! I've wasted countless hours trying to get this working!

Return to posts index

Ville Virta
Re: Intensity Pro, getting video/audio from SD but not HD
on Oct 29, 2010 at 6:32:30 pm

EDIT: I just figured out that if I go to blackmagic control panel and put component settings (instead of composite) I can get better video quality from my SD video. This way my xbox 360 component cable is set to TV (instead of HDTV) and my settings are PAL-50 widescreen in x360. This way ofcourse I must have my media express set to PAL instead of any HD settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]