FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Shuttle with Media Express Causes Dropped Frames

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Guiboche
Blackmagic Shuttle with Media Express Causes Dropped Frames
on Oct 2, 2010 at 11:34:58 pm

My system: Windows 7 (64bit), Premiere CS5, RAID 0.

I installed the Intensity Shuttle (with the latest drivers 7.9.2) and tried out Premiere CS5. Everything was working marvelously. I could playback and capture all HD content inside Premiere in MJPEG and Lossless without dropping any frames.

Then I installed Media Express 2.2 (Didn't think I needed it, but it came with the device so why not install it) I went back into Premiere.

To my surprise, Premiere couldn't play more then a few seconds without constantly dropping frames. Since installing Media Express was the last thing I did, I could only attribute it to that.

I uninstalled Media Express. Still no go. Now Premiere wouldn't even play or detect the shuttle.

I uninstalled the Shuttle, restarted, reinstall ONLY The Blackmagic Shuttle, and Premiere was working fine again.

Having figured this out I installed the shuttle on an older system I have with CS4 (in Windows XP/SP3. I had both the Shuttle Drivers and Media Express on this system previously and I couldn't get the shuttle to work on it at all, I just assumed the system was too slow). Again, I installed ONLY the Blackmagic Shuttle drivers (No Media Express). And CS4 worked nearly as good as CS5 on my newer system.

I don't know how or why but Media Express screws up t entire system in both cases.

Other people in this forum seam to be having dropped frame issues with the device so I thought I'd share this finding.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Blackmagic Shuttle with Media Express Causes Dropped Frames
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:01:46 pm

I had trouble with Media Express 2.2 locking up my machine, so I went back to 2.1 and it works fine, with Motion jpeg.

Return to posts index

Hennie Homann
Re: Blackmagic Shuttle with Media Express Causes Dropped Frames
on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:06:22 am

Hey Guys sorry i just got the Intensity Pro and i have been having the same problem but all i did was i i went to preferences and un-ticked 2 boxes that said stop when a frame drop happens.

When i was recording my PC's CPU was running at 100% and then when i finished recording and i was watching it the speed was screwed up.

Sometimes the speed was normal and other times it was like fast forward mode.

What do you guys suggest.

Is Media Express 2.2 a load of cr@p and I should rather use another program.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]