FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro compatible with AM3?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Grevemberg
Intensity Pro compatible with AM3?
on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:23:16 pm

Has anyone been able to get the intensity pro card to work on an AM3 system? Here's my system specs:

Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB 3 - 890FX board
AMD 1090T hexacore
8 gigs Gskill 1600 DDR3
AMD Matrix 5870
Emu 1212M soundcard
Corsair Force 120 SSD (system) - WD Raptor 80 (swap) - WD Green 1TB (storage)

evrything works perfect on this brand new system, including an old osprey 210 analog capture card which I replaced with the intensity pro. sadly, the BM card cripples my system - no matter what driver or PCIe slot - RMA'd the part just to make sure, BM assured me it was good. At best I have an endless reboot/crash/bluescreen attempt to "load the latest firmware" on vs 3.9 - shipping this back to supplier on monday, unless there is some crazy confluence of events

Return to posts index

Henry Grevemberg
Re: Intensity Pro compatible with AM3?
on Oct 3, 2010 at 3:40:21 pm

update - no luck with the intensity pro card on the above system with 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. The Osprey 210 proved unusable as well - beta 64-bit drivers, no go w/ premiere pro CS5 - video only on earlier vs. What did work? The pass-through on my old sony trv-17 minidv. Still no solution for HDMI capture.

Return to posts index

Roger Demaris
on Oct 3, 2010 at 8:25:52 pm

I'm using the same mobo and the Intensity Pro card is working fine for me. I'm using the internal video with the mobo though (that's all I need for what I'm doing). If it matters I have the card plugged into the bottom x16 slot (it's just the one I picked and it worked).

I actually had major problems with Osprey cards crashing the system which is why I went with the Intensity Pro!

Next week I plan on ordering/building 3 more of the same exact systems.

Return to posts index

Henry Grevemberg
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:58:20 am

I have the 890FX, not the GX w/ integrated graphics. good to know though, that it is possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]