FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Duo Dual Capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Holmes
Decklink Duo Dual Capture
on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:19:51 am

Hi I am looking at getting a Decklink Duo card to simultaneously record dual streams in SDI from a pair of PTZ cameras. Is this possible in Media Express or any other software?
I have found a few post that seem to suggest it is possible but nothing definite.
Cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

Davd Keator
Re: Decklink Duo Dual Capture
on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:31:58 am

I can confirm at this moment: There is no way to capture from both HD-SDI's at the same time! I was so upset when I bought this card! I emailed BM, they told me that I needed to write my own programs for it!!!! WTF?

"BM SITE"

DeckLink Duo is perfect for developers who need two completely independent capture and playback streams in and out of a computer, as both capture and playback channels are completely independent.

Developers = PROGRAMMERS

Do not confuse with content developers such as US!!!

I got took by this false advertising, pls don't fall for it...

Return to posts index

Steve Holmes
on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:59:37 pm

Hi David
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Have you tried recording two SDI streams using 2 instances of Media Express? BMD seem to have suggested on this forum that, this should work with the newest version of media express.
Cheers
Steve

Transmission VJ Crew

Return to posts index

Mark Shueard
on Nov 27, 2010 at 10:41:03 am

Nice (not) to find this thread. I got caught as well. Poor form indeed!!!
No you can't run two instances of the application (latest) , nor can you install to two seperate locations or hard drives to get around it.

http://www.on2dvd.com.au/shop

Return to posts index

Mark Shueard
on Dec 2, 2010 at 1:52:54 am

How to Capture 2 individual SDI streams with a Decklink Duo.

*Tested on Windows 7 64 bit only with Decklink driver 7.9.3 and Media Express V 2.2.1.

1. Make a duplicate of the following folder in Program Files (x86):
/Blackmagic Media Express

To avoid confusion call them:
/Blackmagic Media Express 1
/Blackmagic Media Express 2

2. Run the Media Express app from each separate folder (You should have 2 versions of Media Express running)

3. Go into preferences for both running apps and check “continue playback when in background”

4. You are now ready to commence capturing. Ensure that your capture locations are different and your disc write speeds can cope.

Enjoy!

http://www.on2dvd.com.au

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Jan 17, 2012 at 1:46:38 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone here got an update on this? I've not purchased yet but seemingly was on the verge of getting 'caught out'.

The last post on the thread said that it could be done with two instances of Media Express, but an earlier post said that it couldn't.

The Blackmagic Design marketing on this and the new 4-channel models is extremely misleading. The suggestion is that they provide software to enable 2 (or 4) channel capture. I was just told by a dealer that it is only possible with third-party tools, such as Tools on Air, which I think comes with quite a hefty licence fee.

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.postblue.tv
View Post Blue showreel
Shot on RED @ 100fps, Post on FCP/Color: Capoeira Film
My Vimeo Pro page

Return to posts index

Mark Shueard
on Jan 17, 2012 at 9:01:41 pm

Alex, my last post holds true. It can be done with 2 instances of Media Xpress. I am unsure if 4 instances will work as I don't have one to try.

http://www.on2dvd.com.au

Return to posts index

Klavs Kehlet
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:31:07 am

Hey, I know it's a long time ago that you posted, but.. now i'll post this anyway...

Try out in Terminal to open 2 instances of same program, (I'll try tomorrow)
go to Terminal
open -n /Applications/Blackmagic\ Media\ Express.app/
Do this 2 or 4 times, and you'll have as many instances of Media Express running.
IF you have Media Express stored in another place, you'll have to correct that in the code.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Klavs Kehlet
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:22:18 am

Hey, I know it's a long time ago that you posted, but.. now i'll post this anyway...

Try out in Terminal to open 2 instances of same program, (I'll try tomorrow)
go to Terminal
open -n /Applications/Blackmagic Media Express.app/
Do this 2 or 4 times, and you'll have as many instances of Media Express running.

IF you have Media Express installed elsewhere, you'd need to change the code.

Cheers

I made an Automator program with the code, from the "Shell" plugin thingy. which automatically opens 2 instances with one press.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]